ADANKWAMAN SENIOR HIGH
POST OFFICE BOX 14, ASSIN DARMANG, ASSIN- SOUTH DISTRICT Brε Na Nya
• To provide equal opportunities for girls and boys in education
• Respect for all that is true and of lasting value in the old African culture, beliefs and ways of life.
• To provide willing, humble service of the educated for the uneducated
• Establish mutual understanding and among all religions.
• Establish friendship, respect and cooperation between all races on equal terms
• The belief, on which all else rest, in Jesus Christ as the revelation for all time and all peoples of the love of God, and as the guide and pattern of our lives.
2. BRIEF HISTORY OF THE SCHOOL
Adankwaman Senior High School was founded in 1983, under the auspices of the chiefs and people of Assin Ankwaso, Assin Atobiase , Assin Kyekyewere, Assin Nsuaem, Assin Darmang , Assin Nkran Assin Ngresi, and Assin Domeabra.
In January 1994, Mr J.E Ekem the headmaster through his tireless efforts the school was fully absorbed into public system.
3. PROGRAMMES AND SUBJECTS
Adansec offers three programmes namely, Business, Home Economics and General Arts.
• Home Economics Food and Nutrition Clothing and Textiles, Management In Living, Biology and Economics
• Business: Economics, Business Management, Cost Accounting and Financial Accounting
• General Arts : Government, Christian Religious Studies, Music, Economics, History, Geography. Literature in English and Asante Twi.
We are so lucky here in Adansec to have a multipurpose basketball court and all its accessories and other necessary facilities at our disposal.
5. EXTRA CURICULLA ACTIVIES
A few of the entertainment programmes in Adansec are:
FILM SHOWS:. The movies are shown in the assembly hall using a projector camera and loud speakers. This makes viewing a pleasure.
RECORDS NITE: This is a dance package enjoyed by the students very much. The latest songs are played for the student body.
GOSPEL ROCK SHOWS: These shows are specially constructed to both entertain and preach to the student body. It is a programme which strengthens the Christian lives of students and basically converts them to Christ.
VARIETY SHOWS: These shows expose the talents of students gifted in singing , miming , dancing , playing musical instruments and even joking. There are also dramas, debates, quizzes, and many others. Entertainment in ADANSEC School is very dynamic. It has and still is undergoing positive changes.
- Monday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday 7:00 AM - 5:50 PM
- Friday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Saturday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Sunday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM