AGOTIME SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
To develop a model School of excellence in the community and in Ghana at large.
To transform and develop the school comparable to the developed schools in terms of academic, social and infrastructure and to enhance the welfare and well being of staff and students
The School was established:
- To bring Education to the area for the benefit of its citizens, people from the nearby communities and the country as a whole.
- To train the children to become employable either by themselves or by other bodies.
- To provide good quality education for children and to equip them for studies above the Senior High School.
- To train the children to acquire knowledge and skill in other Sciences and Mathematics so that they can begin to appreciate the importance of research in the Scientific and the technological development of human kind.
Honesty, integrity and hardwork
- BRIEF HISTORY OF INSTITUTION
Agotime Senior High School was established as a community Day school in 1990 with a population of 28 students comprising 16 boys and 12 girls. It was absorbed into the public system in 1993. In 2006, it was granted the Boarding status. Currently it runs both Day and Boarding School. AGOSEC as it is popularly known now has a student population of 1040 of which 564 are boys and 476 are and day.
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS OVER THE YEARS
- Academic performance improved greatly in 2008 /2009 WASSCE. Out of the 223 candidate who wrote the final Examinations, only one candidate failed in all subjects. Passes in 6 – 8 subject were165 as against 47 in 2008.There was only one (1) failure in 2009.
- INTER SCHOOL SPORT, GAMES & CULTURAL FESTIVAL.
In the inter school sports & games completion held at Ho last year, the school came second out of the 16 schools in the Ho Municipal and Adaklu Anyigbe District. The school also came first out of the 16 Senior High Schools in the cultural festival and represented the two District at the Regional cultural festival held at Adidome in 2010.
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
Classrooms Facilities: The school 17 classrooms
Laboratory: The school uses one of the classrooms as Laboratory for all the sciences
Library: The schools library can take only 23 students at a time.
- Non Accademic
Recreational Grounds: The school has a football field, volley ball court and a basket ball court.
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMME
- Agriculture Programme: General Agriculture, Crop Husbandry, Chemistry, Biology, Animal husbandry
- Business Programme: Business Management, Principles of Cost Accounting, Financial Accounting, Economics, Elective Mathematics
- Vocational Programme: General Knowledge in Art, Graphic Design, Textiles, Jewellery, Economics
- Home Economics Option: General Knowledge in Art, Management in Living, Foods and Nutrition, Clothing & Textiles, French
- General Arts, Literature in English, French, Ewe, Christian Religious Studies, Geography, Economics, Government, Mathematics Elective
- CO-CURRICULA ACTIVITIES
The school has a Drama Troup, a Debating Club, N.C.C.E Club, a School Choir and Scripture Union. All these clubs are effective and they meet regularly.
- The School has an old student Union call AGOSSA though not very vibrant they are doing their best.
- The school PTA with Mr. D.B. Alorgli as Chairman and Mr. Hope Semevor as the secretary are doing very well. Almost all projects in the school were undertaken by the PTA.
- The Traditional Authority led by the Paramount Chief of Agotime Traditional Area Nene Neur Keteku III has given their total support for the development of the school.
- There are clubs in Kpetoe made up of citizens both home and away who also help the school in diverse ways. Theses clubs organize debates and hold talks in the school. These clubs are 1. Silver Youth Club and 2. Unity Club. All based in Kpetoe
- Monday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM