AKOME SENIOR HIGH TECHNICAL SCHOOL
- THE VISION OF AKOME SENIOR HIGH TECHNICAL SCHOOL
The school has been established to provide high quality pre-tertiary education to its students to enable them pursue further training in tertiary institutions to enable them fit into the world of work and to live decent and useful lives.
- MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the Ministry of Education is to provide relevant Education to all Ghanaians at all levels to enable them to acquire skills that will assist them to:
- develop their potentials
- be productive
- facilitate poverty reduction
- promote socio-economic growth and national development.
KEY POLICY GOALS
The Akome Senior High Technical School will:
- expand and make second cycle education more accessible to many students who qualify in the B.E.C.E.
- improve the quality of education delivery through regular internal in-service programmes.
- strengthen and improve management.
- promote science, information and communication technology (I.C.T).
- SCHOOL CREST:
MEANING: In Unity and Perseverance the future generation will be trained academically, agriculturally and technically to meet the manpower demands of the nation
MOTTO: UNITY and PERSEVERANCE – When all stakeholders persevere in their duties with one accord, there will be success for the future generation.
- BRIEF HISTORY
The Akome Senior High Technical School is one of the Second Cycle Schools established under the previous Educational Reforms in 1987.
Originally, it was started as a Girls Middle Boarding School in 1952 by the Evangelical Presbyterian Church. In 1958 the Girls School was converted into a Middle Mixed School to make education accessible to boys from the community. In the late 1970’s it was again converted into Experimental Junior Secondary School.
The present Akome Senior High Technical School was officially opened on 28th January, 1991 with sixty one students made up of thirty-one (31) boys and thirty (30) girls.
Location: Akome Senior High Technical School is located in the Ho West Municipality. Akome is 33km away from Ho on Ho-Kpedze road.
STATUS: Day and Boarding School
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS OVER THE YEARS
Best Senior High School in the Ho Municipal in Practical Agric: 1993, 1996 and 2010.
Third in Schools Cultural Competition in Ho Municipal in 2010.
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
- Two new classroom blocks near the football field (Computer Center).
- A two- room classroom block behind the headmistress’s office
- Offices (Headmistress, Assistant Head, Senior Housemaster)
- Woodwork Machine Shop, Generator room(Technical Department)
- Home Economics Block
- Non – academic
Recreational grounds: Football field, Volleyball court, Tennis court (Table)
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
- General Arts
- Home Economics
The Parent Teacher Association (P.T.A.), The Board of Governors and some philanthropists from the community have been providing certain items to the school. However, this has not been sufficient, looking at the numerous needs of the school.
The P.T.A. and the Board of Governors continue to play very important roles in the life of this school.
An example is the computer centre for the school.
- Monday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM