AKPAFU SENIOR HIGH TECHNICAL SCHOOL
To promote the goals of Senior High School education. There is need to engage actively in building the structures necessary for achieving the goals set for Senior High Schools in Ghana by he Ministry of Education.
Discipline and time management are essential for achieving academic laurels. Rules and regulations and internal peace which are paramount for mental and psychological development would be encouraged.
- BRIEF HISTORY OF THE INSTITUTION
- NAME OF INSTITUTION: Akpafu Senior High Technical School (ASSETS)
- Year of establishment: September 1991
- Location: Akpafu Mempasem, Hohoe Municipality
- Telephone Number – 0244114504
STATUS: Day school with Hostel facilities
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
- Agriculture Science: General Agriculture, Horticulture, Crop Husbandry, Chemistry, Physics, Elective Mathematics
- Business (Accounting): Business Management, Business Mathematics & Principles of Costing, Principles of Accounting, Economics, Elective Mathematics
- Technical Programme: Building & Construction, Metal Work, Technical Drawing, Physics, Elective Mathematics
- Home Economics: Food and Nutrition, Clothing and Textiles, Economics, Technical Drawing, Biology
- General Science: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Elective Mathematics,
- General Arts: Literature in English, French, Asante / Twi / Ewe, Geography, Economics, Government, Elective Mathematics
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
- The school has the following classroom facilities
- Five (5) unit uncompleted classroom block
- A two (5) unit uncompleted classroom block
- A two (2) unit completed classroom block
- A eighteen (18) unit classroom block is approved to be constructed by Get fund this 2010
The school has a temporal structure that serves as Integrated Science Laboratory
The school’s library is poorly stocked with books. The school is however, awaiting the approval of the construction of library complex soon.
The school can boast of a sub-standard football field and a volley ball court on which students train and play matches with other schools.
- CO-CURRICULA ACTIVITIES
Both students and teachers actively anticipate in co-curricula activities in the school. These activities include sports and games, club activities including debate, scripture union etc.
- STAKE HOLDERS
District / Municipal / Metropolitan Assembly
The Hohoe Municipal Assembly has been very helpful to the school in recent years.
The benefits that the school had for the Assembly include the provisions of street lights, TV Sets and deck. It sometimes sends water tanks to give us water in times of crises. The Assembly is currently in the process of supplying the school with some sports equipments and materials including football boots
These volunteers who served in the school had been instrumental in the development of the school. They assisted the school in many ways in chiding he supply of gas cookers, paes and cylinders for he Home Economics Department. The building of
And giving of financial assistance to newly posted teachers who are I serious financial crises.
The chiefs and elders co-oporate and support the school in diverse ways. They freely donated a large plot of land to the school and are willing to give more for the expansion of the school.
The old students started helping the school in various ways including teaching, repair of school computers, provision of computers etc.
Parent-Teacher Association (PTA)
The above Association is very vibrant in the school, providing a range of assistance to the school.
PTA project in the school include provision of classroom furniture, fueling and repair of the school mower, provision of ceiling fans in the library .
- Monday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM