AKRO SENIOR HIGH TECHNINCAL SCHOOL
P. O. BOX 18, ODUMASE-KROBO; TEL: 081 91427
The staff dreams of a school that in the very near future would be countered among the best Senior High Technical Schools in the country. A school whose students will be imbued with a sense of purpose and longing Lower Manya Krobo Community their quota to the general development of Manya Krobo in particular and Ghana at large. A vision to make vocationalization of education in Ghana real.
Improving team work among staff in order to provide modern and adequate teaching and leaving with the use of instructional maternal to discipline the mind body and spirit of students with the co-operation of the community, parents and government.
3. BRIEF HISTORY OF THE SCHOOL
The founder of the school was the late MR. R. P. Djabanor in 1934. ASHTS is both Boarding / Day Co-educational institute. It was formerly Akro Experimental Junior Secondary School which was up graded to SSTS in January, 1991.
From a humble beginning as a primary school, it changed into middle school, a continuation school an Experimental Junior Secondary and then to a Senior Secondary Technical School. The inception of the Educational/Reform Programme in 1987 gave the school its new status. This new upgrading brought in its wake new demands and dimension in the life of the school.
The school is both day and boarding.
Important School Dates: a. Open Day – 2001, b. 14th Anniversary and 2nd Speech and Prize Giving Day Celebration, 19th November, 2005
4. SCHOOL FACILITIES
a. Classrooms are inadequate
b. Laboratories – Only one Laboratory for all Science experiments and not well equipped.
Computer laboratory provided by P. T. A.
c. Library is inadequately stoked with books and periodicals.
Ii. Non Academic
a. Recreational grounds: Only one playing field for all sporting activities
5. ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
a. Agricultural Science: General Agriculture, Crop Husbandry and Horticulture, Elective Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry
b. Technical: Building Construction, Technical Drawing, Physics, Elective Mathematics and Woodwork
c. Home Economics: Food & Nutrition, Management in Living, Economics and General Knowledge in Art
d. Visual Arts: Ceramics, Graphic Design, General Knowledge in Art and Economics
i. Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
• The PTA has provided 25 computers and refurbished a computer laboratory. The PTA has also put up three girls’ dormitories and three residence staff bungalows.
• The Home Economics block was renovated by the PTA
ii. District/Municipal/Metropolitan Assembly
• Renovation of the Headmaster’s bungalow in 2004.
• Donation of ½ packets of roofing sheets and a box of roofing nails for maintenance work on some of the classroom blocks.
• Rehabilitation of the access road to the school was also undertaken by the District Assembly
• Provision of the street light and 605 pieces of Mathematical sets to the school
- Monday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM