ANTOA SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
TEL: 0322094205, P.O.BOX 593 KUMASI
To develop the school as a centre of academic and moral excellence and as a model school in the Kwabre East district.
To improve access and quality of education in the school by providing enabling environment to enhance teaching and learning which will prepare the students for the world of work through holistic education .
- SCHOOL CREST ANTOA MOTTO:
The logo of the school consist of a flaming torch with the red colour radiating truth, enlighten and wisdom, a Bible depicting moral excellence and unquestionable integrity and a traditional sword which shows interest the community has in the school.
The school motto: TRUTH EVER STANDS
- BRIEF HISTORY OF THE INSTITUTION
The school‘s official name is Antoa Senior High School. The school is a co-educational institution which was established as a community school in 1969 to carter for student in and around Antoa. The school was absorbed by the Ministry Of Education in 1971.
Antoa Senior High School is located in Antoa Town in the Kwabre East District which is fifteen (15) Kilometers from Kumasi on the Kumasi Airport road. The school is the oldest institution in the Kwabre East.
The school is a co-educational institution with boarding facilities for both boys and girls. The school has no hostel facilities and does not encourage day students to rent room in the town, a practice which breeds a lot of indiscipline and social vices.
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENT OVER THE YEARS:
- In 1985/86 won the inter-school district soccer competition
- The school won the Regional Trophy for the National Science and Mathematics Quiz in 2007
- In 2010 the school was amongst the best handball team in the region.
- For two consecutive times (2010 and 2011 the girls qualified for the Inter –Regional Football competition.
- In 2010 – the boys reached the quarter – finals for the regional – inter school, volley competition.
- The school takes part in all regional-Inter – school athletics and soccer competitions.
|STUDENTS WHO QUALIFIED FOR TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS||2009||2008||2007||2006|
|NO. OF STUDENTS PRESENTED||320||235||194||130|
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
- Computer laboratory
- Assembly hall complex
- Spacious classrooms
- Biology, Physics and Chemistry laboratories
- Football Park
- Basket Ball Court
- Volley Ball Pitch
- Cadet Corp
- Students also organize excursion to places of interest and also take part in all inter – school debate and drama competition
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES AND SUBJECTS OFFERED
- General Arts: Geography, History, Government, Economics, Twi, Christian Religious, Studies, Elective Mathematics
- General Science: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Elective Mathematics
- Home Economics: Food & Nutrition, Management in Living, Economics, Biology, General Knowledge in Art
- Business: Financial Accounting, Costing, Business Management, Elective Mathematics, Economics
- CO- CURRICULUM FACILITIES
- Football Park
- Volleyball Pitch
- Basketball court
- Sporting equipment
- EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Extra – curricular activities are officially reorganized activities that students engage in at school. These may include Sports and Games activities relating to clubs, societies and Religious group, Entertainment, Army Cadet, Drama, Dance group, Scripture Union and Debating Club.
- STAKE HOLDERS
- Old Students
- P T A
- Traditional Authorities
- District Assembly
- Other s – Philanthropists
- Monday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM