ATWIMA KWANWOMA SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
POST OFFICE BOX 5104, KUMASI – ASHANTI.
- VISION: –
To develop a model of excellence in the community
- MISSION: –
To improve access and quality of student’s achievement in the Atwima Kwanwoma Senior High School by a motivated staff by 2013.
- MOTTO: – VICTORY IS ASSURED
- BRIEF HISTORY OF THE SCHOOL
The school was established in 1994 as a Private Senior Technical School. It was formerly known as Cardinal Tomko. It assumed its name because it was named after a Reverend Father, Cardinal Tomko, whose visit to Trede coincided with the inauguration of the school.
On September 1, 2010, the school which is now known as Atwima Kwanwoma Senior High School was absorbed by the Government.
The under listed are the past and present Headmasters/mistress’ of the
- J.C Kwarteng – 1994 – 1996
- Owusu Bempah – 1996 – 1997
- Mathias Nyansah- 2000 – 2003
- Anthony Ahibueh- 2003 – 2008
- Robert Quarm – 2008 – 2010
- Elizabeth Osei – 2010 –
Location: Town – TREDE
District – ATWIMA KWANWOMA
Status – Hostel and Day
- IMPORTANT SCHOOL DATES
- 1ST September, 1994 : Establishment of the institution
- 1994: Inauguration of the school
- 2005: The school name, ‘Cardinal Tomko’ was changed to Atwima Kwanwoma Senior High School
- 1st September, 2010 : Absorption of the school by the Government
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
|2||Library||1||Used part as administration block (1 block)|
- School field under construction
- Temporal girls Dormitory under construction
- Parent – Teacher Association is putting up a block to use as a temporal Girls Dormitory
- Counselling services are also rendered by P.T.A and individuals
- Traditional Authority: Releases 25 acres of land for the establishment of the school
JACOBU SENIOR HIGH TECHNICAL SCHOOL
To create an enabling environment for academic excellence
A holistic approach must be adopted by all stakeholders of education i.e. Teacher, parents, Students, Opinion traders, religious leaders, traditional authority, assembly members philanthropists etc in addressing the standards of education of the district, especially Jacobu Senior High Technical School.
This demands a call for attitudinal change in our teachers, a call for effective supervision and monitoring to ensure quality teaching and learning to help build the human resource base and promote the Socio-economic development of the district and the nation at large.
- SCHOOL CREST AND MOTTO:
MOTTO: Head Heart Hand.
The “Head’ in the motto stands for intelligence of the students (cognitive Domain) the ‘Heart’ stands for affection for the school and the academic programmers (Affective Domain) and the ‘ Hand’ represents what a student can use the hands to perform in terms of technical skills (Psychomotor Domain).
- BRIEF HISTORY:
Year Established: 1991
Location: Jacobu in the Amansie Central District of the Ashanti Region.
Status: Hostel for Boys and Girls. A nearly completed three storey dormitory block and an 800 capacity dining hall facility under construction
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS OVER THE YEARS:
A major Achievement in both the SSCE and WASSCE is the increase in the number of candidates over the years. Number of candidates has increased from 41 in 2000 to 195 in 2009. The least number of candidates was in 2003 when the school presented only 25 candidates for the SSCE.
In the year 2000, only One (1) candidate passed in the entire 8 subjects, with 5 candidates failing in all subjects. In 2005, 31 candidates passed in 8 subjects with no candidate failing in all subjects.
WASSCE: In the year 2006, 18 candidates passed in all Eight (8) subjects while 5 candidates failed in all subjects in 2009. 20 candidates passed in all eight subjects with no candidate failing.
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
(a) Classrooms: A six unit classroom block and two other four unit classroom blocks.
(b) An Improvised laboratory block
(c) A Library block stocked with old books
The School has a football field and a volley ball pitch
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES:
- General Arts: Elective Mathematics, Economics, Geography, Government
- Agriculture Science: Elective Mathematics, General Agriculture Crop Husbandry & Horticulture, Chemistry
- Technical: Technical Drawing, Physics, Building Construction, Wood work
- CO-CURRICULA ACTIVITIES:
A functional Civic Education
- STAKE HOLDERS:
- Old students Association: This is in the formative stage.
- T.A.: Very vibrant. It has provided a bungalow for the Senior Housemaster and a Two – Bedroom Semi-detached bungalow for two (2) masters. They also have a mechanism to motivate teacher and some non-teaching staff at the end of every term.
- District Assembly: The Assembly has provided a four classroom block. A block containing the offices of the Headmaster and the Assistant Headmaster and also a large Hall used as a computer Laboratory. The dining hall being constructed by the Assembly is at the Foundation Stage
- Monday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM