ASANKRANGWA SENIOR HIGH TECHNICAL SCHOOL, (VOTECH RESOURCE CENTRE)
BOX AA 85,ASANKRANGWA, E-MAIL; asectech91 @yahoo.com
To become a strategic Centre of Excellence, where Research, work, Production and promotion of the Human Creative Spirit are given prominence and Education becomes a joy to our students and staff and our stakeholders are recognized as members of the Dream-Team in the transformation process.
Asankrangwa Senior High Technical School was founded and charged with offering all willing Ghanaian Youths of school age, quintessentially qualitative Academic and Technical Education, using hands-on activities and research, by adopting the transactional approach in problem–solving ,so their heads, hands and hearts will be prepared to enable them move Ghana forward as a proud member of the community of nations.
- School Crest and Motto
SCHOOL MOTTO: “ADWUMA DEN MA ANIMUONYAM”
- BRIEF HISTORY OF INSTITUTION
Our School is located in the western corner of Asankrangwa town, in a locality called NEW SITE. The School was formerly called Boadum Middle School and was upgraded into second cycle status as Asankrangwa Senior High Technical on the 28th January 1991 as a result of the 1987 Educational Reforms. It is presently a Vocational/Technical (VOTECH) Resource Centre. Ministry of Education has declared it as a Centre of Excellence to train the Youth in skills acquisition.
The School has had three headmasters since its upgrading. The Pioneer headmaster was Mr.Kwaku Oduro and the initial students were five. Currently the school’s population stands at 869
The school was relocated to its new on the 30th of September 1991
Asetech is both Day and Hostel. The Hostel and Lodging is located on campus. There are 450 boarders housed in the hostels.
Telephone Number 031-2099189, 0246919732
28th January – Founders Day (the day the school was inaugurated).
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS
. REGIONAL GAMES
- The school placed 5th in the inter-zonal Milo football competition at Takoradi in 2009
- One student from the School was a member of Regional Team that participated in the 2009 Milo games in Accra .
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
The school currently has fourteen blocks in total. These are comprised as follows:
- Two Hostel blocks for 220 girls.
- Two Hostel blocks for 230 boys.
- A single floor administration block.
- A six unit block comprising five classrooms and a staff common room
- 2 four unit classroom blocks
- A Block accommodating the following:
- a library that can seat about 30 students at a time
- A store
- 5 VOTECH Workshops
- Dining hall /Assembly
- The School operates FM station ( Velvet Beam 95.1)
- RECREATIONAL FACILITIES
- The school has a volleyball court.
- For entertainment and worship, the school has TV sets and videos decks, and other instruments which are mounted at the appropriate times for staff and students’ use. Saturday Entertainment is tailored to ensure that students do not bolt to town.
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES AND SUBJECTS
- Agricultural Science: General Agriculture, Horticulture and Crop husbandry, Chemistry, Elective Mathematics
- Business (Accounting): Business Management, Business Mathematics & Principles of Costing, Principles of Accounting, Economics
- Technical: Applied Electricity, Auto Mechanics, Building &Construction, Metal Work, Technical Drawing, Woodwork, Physics, Elective Mathematics
- Home Economics: General Know. In Art, Management In Living, Foods & Nutrition, Chemistry
- General Arts: Geography, Economics, History, Government, Elective Mathematics, General Know. In Art
- CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Outside the classroom other activities occur to prepare students for the life after. A number of societies and clubs exist to harness and develop the interests and talents of students.
Students are encouraged to take part in all sports particularly football, athletics and volleyball.
- CLUBS AND SOCIETIES
A number of clubs exist and are active in the school. Some of these are:-
- Disaster Management Club
- Abstinence club
- The Scripture Union
- e) Wildlife Club/Tourism
The School organizes non-denominational religious service for the staff and students.
- Old Students
There is an old students association
- Parent-Teacher Association (PTA)
The Parent-Teacher Association of the school has been assisting in the School’s infrastructural facilities
iii. Traditional Authority
Asankrangwa Senior High/Technical School derives its name from the name of town where it is located The school therefore has a very cordial relationship with the traditional authority .
- District Assembly
The school is located in Wassa Amenfi Traditional Area. It lies in the Wassa Amenfi–West Constituency.
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day