To raise the image of Ashaiman Senior High School to an enviable position among the well-developed schools in the region.
Ashaiman Senior High School shall be a leading second cycle Institution in the training and education of students in the Vocational and General Arts programmes respectively.
- CREST AND MOTTO
Modernization Calls for Change
- BRIEF HISTORY OF INSTITUTION
- Name: Ashaiman Senior High School
- Year of Establishment : 1990.
- Location: Middle East – Ashaiman, adjacent to the Aqua Vitens Rand /Ghana Water Company Booster Station.
- Telephone Number: 022 – 306412
- Status of Institution
- Day institution
- Limited hostel facility for girls only.
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS
- Scored 100% pass in WASSCE in 1996 topping all second cycle institutions in the Tema Metropolis.
- Third in Mathematics Quiz organized by Mathematics Teachers Association of University of Ghana on 23rd February, 2006.
- Second in “What Do You Know” competition aired on GTV on 29th January, 2006.
- First position in Greater Accra Second Cycle Schools Cross – Country Competition, Boys and Girls division in 2003.
- Successfully defended the above Cross Country trophies the following Year for keeps.
- Second in Greater Accra Second Cycle Schools volleyball Competition, Girls Division in 2001
- First position in Korean Residents Association President’s Soccer
- Tournament. (Boys and Girls Division) organized for Second Cycle Institution in Tema Metropolis in 2007
- Placed second and third in Girls and Boys Divisions respectively in the 2008 edition in the Korean Residents Association President’s Soccer Tournament.
- Have contributed athletes yearly to the Greater Accra Regional Sports Team.
- Inadequate classroom
- Under – sized and ill – equipped laboratories for practical.
- No Workshop / Practical room for Visual Arts Department.
- School Library not large enough for school’s population and lacks modern Textbooks.
- Non – Academic
- Undersized playing field.
- Volleyball court not standard.
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
- Agriculture Science: General Agriculture, Horticulture, Chemistry, Physics, Elective Mathematics
- Business (Accounting Option): Business Management, Business Mathematics & Principles of Costing, Economics, Elective Mathematics
- Vocational (Visual Arts): General Knowledge in Art, Graphic Design, Textiles, Literature in English, Chemistry
- Vocational (Home Economics): General Knowledge in Art, Management in Live, Food and Nutrition, Clothing and Textiles, Chemistry
- General Arts: Literature in English, French, Ghanaian Language, Music, Christian Religious, Geography, Economics, History, Government, Elective Mathematics
- Old Students
- Parent – Teacher Association.
- Tema Traditional Authority.
- Ashaiman Municipal Assembly.
- Ghana Education Service.
- Ministry of Education.
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day