ATEBUBU SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
The vision of the school is to aspire to be the best institution or among the best institutions in the country with the hope of empowering students academically, morally and physically who will be thoroughly equipped to do exploits.
- Admit and provide an excellent quality academic training to students in the arts, business and sciences for future exploits.
- Disseminate and transmit an excellent quality information and knowledge to students the purpose of which is to produce an excellent human resource capable of giving back to the society what has been inculcated.
- Provide an excellent moral and disciplined training through the fear of God to enable students love all mankind devoid of hatred or bitterness to serve and to lead.
- SCHOOL CREST AND MOTTO
MOTTO: SERVE TO LEAD
- BRIEF HISTORY OF INSTITUTION
- NAME OF INSTITUTION: Atebubu Senior High School is the name. It is popularly known as “Royal Atsec”.
The school was formerly called Atebubu secondary School.
Students and graduates of the school are called “Royals” or “Adehyieε”
- YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT: The school was established in September 1978.
- LOCATION: The school has two campuses, the old site and the new site.
The old site which is situated in the center of the town some few meters from the Krachi junction used to house the former Atebubu training College now Atebubu College of Education.
The new site is located about two (2) kilometers from the center of Atebubu township on Kwame Danso – Ketekrachi road. It is also situated about two (2) kilometers from Akyeremade a suburb of Atebubu still on the Kwame Danso – Atebubu road. It is a few meters from the public cemetery.
The new site shares boundary on its western side with Atebubu District Hospital.
- STATUS: BOARDING AND DAY
- MAJOR ACHIVEMENTS OVER THE YEARS
Football: Boys – 1995 3RD Position
Volleyball: Boys – 1993 & 1996 1ST position; 1997 2ND position
Girls – 2004 2ND position
Athletics: From 1992 – 2009 our athletes were selected for the regional teams in various disciplines.
Table tennis: Boys – 2009 Finalist
Girls – 2009 Finalist
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
Class rooms 18
Laboratories Science resource center; Physics, chemistry, biology
- Non academic
- Football pitch, volleyball court, Handball court and table tennis facility.
- Dinning hall
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
- Home Economics: General Knowledge In Art, Management in Living, Foods and Nutrition, Clothing and Textiles, Chemistry, Biology
- Agriculture Progamme: General Agriculture, Horticulture, Crop Husbandry, Animal Husbandry, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics
- Business Progamme (Accounting Option): Business Management, Business Mathematics $ Principles of Costing, Principles of Accounting, Economics, Elective Mathematics
- Science: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Elective Mathematics
- General Arts: Literature in English, French, Asante Twi, Christian Religious Studies, Islamic Studies, Geography, Economics, History, Government, General Knowledge In Art
- CO-CURRICULA ACTIVITIES
- Music and Cultural groups
- Cadet Corps
- Sports teams
- Wild fire club
- Debating club
- Old students – Atebubu Senior High Old Students Association
- Parent – Teacher Association – Atebubu Senior High Parent –Teacher association
- Traditional Authority – Atebubu traditional Council.
- District Assembly – Atebubu /Amanten District Assembly
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day