AVEYIME– BATTOR SENIOR HIGH SEC/TECH SCHOOL
The vision of the School is to:
- Provide first class TOTAL EDUCATION to the youth within s salubrious environment with adequate facilities.
- Have a team of highly motivated and dedicated Staff.
- Make Students to produce excellent results that will qualify them to enter Tertiary Institution that will enable them to take their proper places in society.
The mission of the School is to:
- Provide increasing access to High Quality Education to the Youth.
- Provide TOTAL EDUCATION to the Youth with special emphasis on Agricultural, Technical and Vocational Education which will provide the Youth with the requisite knowledge, skills and attitudes for Social and Economic Development.
- BRIEF HISTORY OF THE SCHOOL
The School was established in October, 1988 as a private School under the name, Battor State Agricultural Secondary School. It was absorbed into the public system in October 1991, and has its name changed to Aveyime-Battor Secondary Technical School (ABAST).
The School is located at Aveyime, a divisional town of Battor exactly seven Kilometres from Battor Catholic Hospital, and sixteen kilometres from Sege on the Accra Aflao road.
STATUS: The School is a Day School. It also runs Hostel facilities for both Boys and Girls.
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS OVER THE YEARS
- The School scored 100% in the 2009 WASSCE Examinations.
- The School’s girls’ soccer team was the second best in the Volta Region in the Volta Super Zonal games in 2007.
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
- There are eight (8) classrooms for twelve (12) streams.
- The School has constructed a Standard size playing field, but the School lacks sports equipments for both games and field events.
- Shade-trees are planted on the compound which serves as a recreational ground for students. Garden seats are being constructed under the trees to improve the recreational status.
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
The School runs four (4) Academic programmes. These are:
- General Arts: – Geography, Economics, Government and Ewe.
- Agriculture: – General Agriculture, Crops and Horticulture, Chemistry.
- Technical: – Physics, Woodwork, Technical drawing, Building and Construction.
- Home Economics: – Foods and Nutrition/ Clothing and Textiles, Management in living, Economics.
- CO-CURRICULA ACTIVITIES
The school performs well at the annual Volta Regional sports and games competition. In the year 2009, 2 athletes from the school were invited to participate in the inter-regional sports competition. The school also participates and fares well in inter-schools culture and music competitions as well as in quizzes and debates. In a quiz organised for Six Tongu schools in 2008 the school came second after Sogakope Senior High School.
- Old students: The Association of old students is quite dormant. Efforts are being made to revive the Association for the benefit of the school.
- Parents Teacher Association (PTA): There is an active P.T.A which is responsible for all projects being undertaken in the school. The P.T.A has over the years provided for desks for the students. The P.T.A .provided funds to help renovate 2 of the abandoned tannery buildings to be used as Girls’ hostels. It has initiated work on the construction of a 2-classroom block. It has also acquired materials for the construction of additional 100 mono desks.
- Traditional authority: the school was established within the Battor Traditional Area. It started as a private school under the name Battor State Agricultural College as stated earlier. The Aveyime Development Association has played significant roles in the development efforts of the school. The Association provided buildings which the school hired for the boy students as hostels. They donated GH¢1000.00 to the school which was used to purchase seats for the school. The association also initiate a 2-classroom block which has been abandoned. The Association has also promised to provide 2 bundles of roofing sheets to the school.
- The school is under the North Tongu District Directorate. The District Assembly donated four bundles of roofing sheets to the school in the year 2008. This was used in roofing one of the tannery buildings for a Girls’ hostel.
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day