AWE SENIOR HIGH TECHNICAL SCHOOL
- To achieve good academic performance and excellence for the students.
- To bring about discipline, good character formation and training of students.
- To help the students to identify their careers and vocations for the future.
- To guide the students to be patriotic.
- To recruit qualified teachers to handle the various courses taken in the school.
- To bring experts to talk to students on social issues from time to time.
- To award good performance holistically and punish wrong doing.
- To give counseling services to students.
- To expose to students the life line of some heroes of this nation.
- To carry out civic education.
- BRIEF HISTORY OF INSTITUTION
This school was a middle school which started in 1954. It transformed from one stage to another and became a senior high technical school in 2007. The school was named after one of the chiefs of Navrongo: Chief Awe who was a warrior.
- Name of Institution: Awe Senior High Technical School.
- Year of Establishment: January 1992.
- Location: Saboro, Navrongo.
- Telephone Number: 0244958834
- Status of Institution : The school has not attained a boarding status yet. Nonetheless, students from remote areas are provided accommodation by the school.
|THE ICT/LIBRARY BLOCK|
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS OVER THE YEARS
Over the period 2003, 2004 and 2005, the school recorded 3, 4, and 5 students respectively for university.
Over the period 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009 records read as 13, 8, 14 and 15 students respectively for tertiary institutions.
- Regional games, etc
The school came 3rd in Cultural Activities in 2001 in Cape Coast.
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
- Classrooms: inadequate
- Laboratories: 1
- Library : 1
- Non Academic:
- Recreational grounds:
The school has one sporting ground which also serves as a recreational ground.
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
- Agricultural Science: General Agriculture, Horticulture & Crop Husbandry, Chemistry, Elective Mathematics
- Technical: Building & Construction, Technical Drawing, Physics, Elective Mathematics
- Visual Arts: General Knowledge in Art, Graphic Design, Picture Making, Sculpture
- General Arts: Geography, Economics, History, Government, Elective Mathematics
- CO-CURRICULA ACTIVITIES
The co-curricula activities of the school take the following forms:
Quiz, Talks from stakeholders, Talks of moral issues, Pick and act, Variety show
- Old students
- Parent –Teacher Association(PTA)
- Traditional authority
- District/municipal/metropolitan assembly
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day