BADU SENIOR HIGH/TECHNICAL SCHOOL
Our Vision is to see to it that this institution develops and attract more students who will be disciplined and achieve academic laurels.
To provide quality education and moral training to the JHS graduates who enroll in the school. Such students will undergo training in technical, agricultural vocational and in the humanities.
Then they will be trained to enable them acquire morals and skills that will enable them to be useful to themselves, the community and the nation as a whole.
Lastly they will undergo the necessary training to enroll in the tertiary institutions like the colleges of Education, the polytechnics and the Universities.
- SCHOOL CREST AND MOTTO
- BRIEF HISTORY
On 28th January, 1991 the experimental Junior Secondary School was turned into Badu Secondary Technical School with Mr. T. E. K. Hassan as its first headmaster.
The School started with twenty (20) students and three (3) National Service personnel.
Three (3) programmes namely agriculture, technical and Home economics were offered.
Later, the home economics programme was phased out and replaced with Business. The General Arts programme was added to the curriculum in 2007.
The school is located about one and half kilometers on the Badu – Wenchi road.
STATUS: DAY and HOSTEL – Available students are fed.
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS OVER THE YEARS.
There has been a significant improvement in the WASSCE results from 2007 to 2009. In 2007, out of the 73 candidates presented, only twelve (12) failed. The over all percentage pass is 83.6 in 2008, seventy five (75) candidates were presented and only two (2) failed. Percentage pass is 97.3. Lastly, in 2009, one hundred and sixty five (165) candidates were presented with fourteen (14) failures. This represents a 91.5 percent pass.
- ZONAL GAMES:
Last year four (4) students qualified to join the zonal athletics team at the regional level.
- SCHOOL FACILITES:
- CLASSROOMS. 13 Available
- LABORATORIES: Improvised one. Student also use the science resource centre.
- LIBRARY: Improvised one stocked with textbooks, library books, magazines and newspapers.
- RECREATIONAL GROUNDS:
Football, volleyball and handball fields.
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMME:
- Agriculture Programme: General Agriculture, Crop Husbandry and Horticulture, Animal Husbandry, Physics, Chemistry
- Business Programme (Accounting Option): Business Management, Principles of Costing, Principles of Accounting, Economics
- Technical Programme: Building and Construction, Technical Drawing, Woodwork, Physics
- General Arts: Asante Twi, Christian Religions Studies, Geography, Economics, Government
- STAKE HOLDERS:
- Old Students: Very young Association they have been very supportive.
- Parents / Teachers Association: They helped in the building of girls dormitory and also building a dining hall.
- District / Municipal / Metropolitan Assembly:
- They are completing a 3 – unit classroom block initiated by the school.
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day