BOMPEH SENIOR HIGH TECHNICAL SCHOOL (TAKORADI)
- VISION STATEMENT
“The school seeks to produce high caliber of students who are capable of pursuing academic interest at the tertiary level to enable them meet the socio-economic, cultural and the academic needs of the nation”.
- MISSION STATEMENT
“Bompeh Senior High Technical School seeks to provide quality and relevant academic and practical oriented education to enable her students to be productive and responsible citizens so as to enhance their contribution to the community and the nation at large”.
- SCHOOL CREST & MOTTO
Motto “Knowledge, Hardwork and Service” (School Crest attached)
- BRIEF HISTORY OF THE INSTITUTION
Bompeh Seniro High Technical School was one of the Axim Road Middle Schools, selected, expanded and developed into a Junior Secondary School by the Ghana Education Service in 1976.
In October 1985, upon the request of the Regional Directorate of the Ghana Education Service (Eestern) to have a second cycle school in the heart of Takoradi which would be affordable and easily accessible upgraded the school into a Senior Secondary School. It was named Nana Bompeh Day Secondary Technical School after a late chief of Sekondi who showed much interest in education then. The school moved to its present site in 1991 swapping with the Junior High Schools around.
The school started with 39 students. The first batch of students sat for the GCE ‘O’ Level in 1989.
YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT AND LOCATION
In 1985, Axim Road, Takoradi Telephone Number 031 23761.
IMPORTANT SCHOOL DATES
- Orientation / Introduction Service
- Awards / Speech & Prize-Giving Day
- Carols Day.
The is purely day.
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMETNS OVER THE YEARS
SSCE: Percentage passes was 70-90 % (1997 – 2003)
WASSCE: Percentage was 100% (2004 – 2009)
REGIOANL GAMES ETC
|1992||Won the Inter-Schools Athletics Competition (Girls Division)|
|1993||Won the Inter-Schools Athletics Competition (Girls Division)|
|1994||The school won both the zonal & super zonal Championship in soccer|
|1995||The school soccer team represented the Western Region at the Milo Soccer Competition in Kumasi.|
|1996||The Boys’ Athletic team won the Inter-School and Colleges Athletics Competition.|
|1997||The school won both the zonal and the regional championship trophies in soccer in the Boys’ division.|
|1988||The school was selected to represent the region (Western) at the national Milo Soccer Competition. The school placed 6th. In the same year the school represented the region (Western) at the maiden edition of the National Valco Soccer Competiton where she placed fourth.|
|2001||The school won both the Zonal & Regional Athletic Championship.|
|2002||Bompeh took part in the National Milo Championship held at Cape Coast and placed sixth.|
|2003||Bompeh again annexed the inter Schools and Colleges Athletic Championship.|
|2004||Bompeh again annexed the Inter Schools and Colleges Athletic Championship|
|2006/07||The School took the second position in the Inter-Schools Soccer Competition. The Girls took the Volley Championship.|
|2008||The school again made it by winning the first and second positions in both boys and girls divisions in Inter Schools and Zonal Athletics Championships respectively.|
|2009||The school placed second in the boys division in the Super Zonal Athletics Competition.|
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
- Classroom 24
- Laboratories 2
- Library 1
- ICT Laboratories
Recreational grounds- School field, Volleyball Court
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES AND SUBJECTS
- Technical: Building & Construction, Metal Work, Tenhnical Drawing, Woodwork, Physics, Elective Mathematics
- Vocational (Visual Arts): General Knowledge in Art, Graphic Design, Leather Work, Textiles
- Vocational (Home Economics): General Knowledge in Art, Management in Living, Foods & Nutrition, Clothing and Textiles, Economics, French, Chemistry, Biology
- General Science: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics Mathematics
- General Arts: Literature in English, French, Asante Twi, Christian Religious Studies, Geography, Economics, Government, Mathematics Mathematics
- BOKASS Old Students Association
- BOKASS PTA
- Traditional Authority – Awiebo Stool
- Current Chief: Nana Ehoma Kpanyinli IV
- District Assembly: EDA – Ellembelle – District Assembly, Kroful
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day