BONZO-KAKU SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL – AWIEBO
To work towards attaining the status of a first class second cycle institution comparable to the best in Ghana.
- To provide quality Education to its clients (Students) who pass through the four walls of this institution and eventually become productive morally upright and dependable citizens of the society.
- To contribute towards the development of the immediate community, Nzema sector and Ghana generally.
- To provide a congenial working environment to its workforce and other who will have same contact with it.
- SCHOOL CREST AND – PICTURE ATTACHED
- BRIEF HISTORY OF INSTITUION – BONZO-KAKU SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL – AWIEBO
Year of /establishment – 1993, School Telephone Number – 03197698
Nana Ackah-Watson, a Native of Awiebo, founded a commercial school at Tarkwa in the early sixties. In 1974 he moved the school to Awiebo with the intention of boosting Secondary Education in the Nzema area but the school collapsed three years later.
Thereafter the structures of the school were converted to poultry farm but this enterprise also collapsed. Consequently, Nana Ehoma Kpanyinli IV, Chief of Awiebo, in consultation with Nana Ackah-Watson, decided to use the buildings to establish the Awiebo Methodist Primary School.
In 1990, the idea to turn the Primary School into a Senior Secondary School dawned on the chief and his elders. Every adult of Awiebo was levied and this yielded a total amount of one thousand five hundred Ghana cedis which was used to renovate the few structures. Then a memorandum for the establishment of a Secondary School was forwarded to the GES/Ministry of Education.
In October 1992, approval was granted and finally on 16th February 1993, academic activities commenced in earnest with thirty-five student. The institution was named Bonzo-Kaku Senior Secondary School in hunor of the first settler and incidentally the first chief of Awiebo.
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS OVER THE YEARS
The best recorded performance was in 2006 when thirty-seven (37) out of one hundred and seventy-four student presented passed in the in tire in all the eight subjects presented.
The best student in the annals of the School as far as SSCE results is concerned was in the year 2001 when Master Annor Francis (640304009, passed with aggregate (10).
STATUS OF INSTITUTION AND FACILITIES
It is basically a DAY School. However, it operates HOSTEL FACILITIES for a fraction f the students.
About one quarter of the students are staying in hostels at the school in a three-room block built by the PTA for Girls. A new dormitory block built by the government of Ghana will soon be occupied by the boys.
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
- Three classroom blocks containing 13 classrooms.
- An Assembly Hall complex which has offices for the school administration and a large room for school library.
- One small – size room for Science laboratory
- One small – size room for Computer laboratory
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
- Agricultural Science: General Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Chemistry, Physics, Elective Mathematics
- Business (Accounting): Business Management, Business Mathematics & Principle of Costing, Principle of Accounting, Economics, Mathematics (Elective)
- Home Economics: General Knowledge in Art, Management in Living, Foods & Nutrition, Biology
- General Arts: Literature in English, French, Nzema, Christian Religious Studies, Geography, Economics, History, Government, Elective Mathematics
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day