NANA BRENTU SENIOR HIGH TECHNICAL SCHOOL – ENCHI
That Nana Brentu Senior High Technical School becomes an Institution of Academic Excellence and one of the best within the Region and the country as a whole.
The school shall provide the needed training and knowledge for the students and equip them academically with knowledge and skills to further their education into Tertiary, Polytechnics, Diploma Awarding Institutions
- CREST AND MOTTO
- BRIEF HISTORY OF INSTITUTION
The School started at Commey School in October 1989. It started as a Community School. The founding members were as follows:
- The late John K. Tanoku
- Albert Essuman (UCC)
- The late Rev. Adjei Tutu and
The first headmaster was Rev. Asamoah (Presby Priest). Pupils were admitted for a term and in January 1990; they were divided into two year groups. The middle school group were Form ones and the Experimental group for Form Two.
Nananom supported the staff and all cocoa owners in the area were made to donate one kilogram of cocoa for the up keep of the school.
In November 1990, the school was moved to Kokoado. The Government absorbed the school in 1991.
Mr. Albert Kaku Ackah then became the Headmaster. He started the S. S. S. programme and the GCE “O’level students wrote their exams at Huni Valley Secondary School in 1993.
NAME OF INSTUTION: NANA BRENTU SENIORHIGH TECHNICAL SCHOOL
LOCATION: ENCHI – KOKWADO
TELEPHONE NO: 0395 – 22010
IMPORTANT SCHOOL DAYS: NOVEMBER 6TH – 13TH
STATUS OF INSTITUTION: Day and Hostel Facilities
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
(a) Classrooms: One storey building with twelve classrooms.
(b) Laboratories – separate laboratories for Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
(c) There is also a Technical workshop for woodwork construction and Home Economics.
Library: The school has a library.
- Recreational Grounds
- No Football field
- The school has got a volley ball court, Table Tennis board and kits.
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
- Agricultural Science: General Agriculture, Horticulture, Chemistry, Physics, Elective Mathematics
- Business Accounting: Business Mathematics & Principles Of Costing, Principles Of Accounting, Economics
- Home Economics: Management In Living, Food And Nutrition, Economics, Biology
- Technical: Woodwork, Building & Construction, Technical Drawing, Physics, Elective Mathematics
- General Arts: French, Ghanaian Language, Christian Religious Studies, Geography, Economics, Government
i Old Students
ii Parent – Teacher Association (PTA)
iii Traditional Authority
- District Assembly
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day