BUOYEM SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
MOTTO: Hard Work and Progress.
That the school shall be one of the best Senior High Schools in the Municipality in terms of academic excellence and moral up-rightness.
The school shall exist to create awareness necessary to encourage community participation in education generally and more specifically to provide secondary education for the pupils in this community and beyond.
- BRIEF HISTORY OF INSTITUTION
- Year of Establishment:- In 1991 as a Community Day School. In 1993, the School was absorbed into the public system.
- Location:- Buoyem near Techiman.
- STATUS: Day School with Hostel facilities for both Boys and Girls.
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENT OVER THE YEARS
The first batch of students wrote the SSCE in 1994.
In 2006, our final year students sat for the WASSCE and most of them passed.
Over the years, some of our students have been participating in the Regional Games.
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
- Classrooms:- We have four classroom blocks made up of three rooms each. Currently the school is facing serious classrooms accommodation problem.
- Laboratories:- We also have a sub-standard laboratories for Chemistry and I.C.T.
- Library:- The School does not have a good Library. The administrative block of the School houses the various offices, the Store and the Library.
The School is blessed with a standard football field for our sporting activities.
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
- Agriculture Programme: General Agriculture, Horticulture, Crop Husbandry, Chemistry, Elective, Mathematics
- Business Programme (Accounting Option): Business Management, Business Mathematics Principles of Costing, Principles of Accounting, Economics, Elective Mathematics
- Home Economics: Management in Living, Foods and Nutrition, Economics, Chemistry
- General Arts: Literature in English, French, Asante Twi, Music, Christian Religious Studies, Geography, Economics, Government
- CO-CURRICULA ACTIVITIES
The School has a cultural troupe under the Music Department.
(i) Old Students
The Old Students have not as yet formed any association. However serious efforts are been made to put one in place.
(ii) Parent-Teacher Association (PTA)
The School has a Parent-Teacher Association which is very supportive in infrastructural development of the school.
(iii) Traditional Authority
The Traditional Authority has also been helpful.
(iv) Municipal Assembly
The presence of the Municipal Assembly is yet to be felt in the school
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day