CHEREPONI SENIOR HIGH TECHNICAL SCHOOL
- To provide quality secondary or post basic education for Children within and around Chereponi to enable them contribute to the development of the community and Ghana as a whole.
- To inculcate in the students a sense of patriotism and good citizenship.
- To make more than 75% of the students who completes the school pass their final exams within the next two years.
- That more than half of those who pass should qualify to enter tertiary institution immediately they complete.
- BRIEF HISTORY OF SCHOOL
Chereponi Senior High Technical School was officially established in 1991 and opened for business on 21st January, 1991.
The school has had four successive headmasters ever since. from Mr. Gumanga, Mr. Musah Jawula, Mr. P.E. Kavaarpuo and Mr. M.A. Chinto.
The following programmes were initially run by the school: Agriculture Science, Home Economics, and Technical and vocational. The school currently runs only General Arts and Agriculture Programmes. because of low enrolment over the years.
The school started purely as a day school with hostel facilities and presently has attained a boarding status. The school is now a boarding school.
Student population started as low as forty (40) there-about, and rose steadily year by year. The present enrolment is 542.
Staffing in the school has always been a problem.
The school now in the Cheriponi District, was formally under Saboba-Cheriponi District of the Northern Region.
- PERFORMANCE OVER THE YEARS
The performance over the years has not been one of the best. Performances over the past five years have however improved with percentage pass hovering between 45% and 55%.
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
- Eleven classroom, six more are required
- One improviced library – unfurnished and inadequately stocked
- One improviced laboratory – unfurnished and less stocked
- Football field
- Volleyball court
- Athletic oval
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES AND SUBJECTS
- Agricultural Science: General Agriculture , Horticulture and Crop Husbandry, Chemistry, Elective Mathematics, French
- General Arts: French, Music, Islamic Studies, Geography, Economics, History, Government
- PARENT-TEACHER ASSOCIATION (P.T.A): The school has a vibrant P.T.A. which always supports the school in sports and maintenance works in the school. The P.T.A has provided accommodation for National Service Personnel.
- MEMBERS OF PARLIAMENT: Members of parliament for the constituency have always supported the school. They have built a hostel for the students, provided sports equipment and sometimes exercise books to the students and recently a grinding mill to the school.
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day