DIABENE SENIOR HIGH TECHNICAL SCHOOL
- 1. VISION OF THE SCHOOL
To make it one of the best schools in Ghana in terms of academic excellence and discipline
- MISSION OF THE SCHOOL
Diabene Senior High Technical School was established in 1991 to give to the students a matchless practical skills which will enable them fit well into any society in which they will find themselves.
- BRIEF HISTORY OF THE INSTITUTION
- Diabene Senior High School
- Established by the GES in the 1970s to give the pupils practical skills in Agric and Technical subjects. It was later selected and developed into Experimental Junior Secondary School. In 1991 the school was upgraded to Diabene Secondary/Technical School.
iii. location of the school
Diabenekrom within the Sekondi/Takoradi Metropolis
- Telephone number; 031-96865
- Important date
Founders Day; 1st January, 1991
- Status of the Institution
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS OVER THE YEARS
Since 2005 the performance of candidates in the final examination keeps on improving. The students have been scoring hundred percent passes. Each year some of the candidates qualify to enter the universities and other tertiary institutions
The school is proud to put on record that on two consecutive times – 2007 and 2008 it emerged as the Western Regional champion in the Constitutional Games organised by the NCCE and represented the western region at the national level. In both cases the school took the fifth position.
The school has got a formidable Girls’ football team. From 2004 to date no school in the Sekondi-Takoradi zone has been able to defeat the team. Diabene Senior High Technical School can say with pride that it has produced players for the national Women’s soccer team For example, Jennifer Cudjoe and Regina Sam play for the Black Princess while Linda Eshun, Elizabeth Cudjoe and Janet Egyir feature for the Black Maidens and Safia Rahman also played for the Black Queens.
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
- i) ACADEMIC
- Classroom: The school has only eight (8) permanent classrooms. .
- Laboratories: The school has one multipurpose laboaratory.
- Library: One library that can accommodate forty (40) students at a time.
- NON ACADEMIC
- Recreational Grounds
The school has no recreational grounds of its own. Sports and games are therefore held on the Playing grounds of sister schools.
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
- Agricultural Science: General Agriculture, Chemistry, Physics
- Business (Accounting): Business Management, Business Mathematics & Principles of Costing, Principles of Accounting, Economics
- Technical: Building & Construction, Metal Work, Technical Drawing, Wood Work, Physics, Elective Mathematics
- Home Economics: Management in Living, Foods and Nutrition, Economics, Chemistry
- General Science: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Geography
- General Arts: Asante Twi, Geography, Economics, Government
- CO-CURRICULA ACTIVITIES
It is only the P.T.A. that is assisting the school.
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day