DROBO SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
- To expand access to education to students who want to enter second cycle schools.
- To produce students who would not only climb the academic ladder to tertiary institutions, but would also come out of the educational enterprise to contribute to national growth and development.
- To offer high quality training to the youth to make them fit into society and help in its total growth. The school would be a centre of academic excellence where students would struggle and scramble for admission. In effect, it would be a sought-after school by students far and near.
- To become a “Grade A” school where students are trained in the three domains of Psychomotor, Affective and Cognitive.
- To train people whose academic brilliance would not make them averse to morality and shun hard work.
- To provide relevant education to enable students develop their talents to make them productive.
- To improve delivery of quality education through the promotion of Science, Information and Communication Technology
- To give all students access computer Education to make them function efficiently to contribute to national growth and development to fit into the global family.
- SCHOOL CREST AND MOTTO:
WE LIVE BY LEARNING AND WORKING
- HISTORY OF THE SCHOOL:
Drobo Senior High School is sited at Drobo, the capital of Jaman South District of the Brong Ahafo Region. The district is located at the North –Western part of the region and lies about 98 kilometers from the regional capital Sunyani. The school is about 1Kilometers North of the town centre.
The school was the brain child of Mr. Anane Agyei of Blessed Memory who was then the Regional Commissioner for Brong Ahafo. Mr. Anane Agyei sited the school at Drobo because it was one of the major towns in his electoral constituency. The school was officially opened on Friday, 21st January 1966 with Mr. Asiedu-Boachie, as the Acting Headmaster.
The school which started with only seventy-two (72) students in 1966 can now boast of 1,345 students made up of 872 boys and 473 girls pursuing courses in Agricultural Science, Business Education, General Arts and General Science. The school since its establishment has celebrated two important anniversaries: A Silver Jubilee which was celebrated in June 1993 and a 40th Anniversary celebrated in December 2006. The school’s telephone number is 061- 94519.
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS:
Drobo Senior High School since its establishment in 1966 has seen a lot of improvements in terms of infrastructural development, academic performance and involvement in co-curricular activities.
In the field of academics, the school has chalked a lot of successes. For the past few years the school recorded 100% passes in the WASSCE. Even though more work needs to be done to improve upon individual students’ grades, many of the students have gained admissions into the Universities, Polytechnics, Teacher Training Colleges and other Professional institutions.
Drobo Senior High School also has an Army Cadet Corps with contingent of 150 students (an equivalent of four platoons). The group since its establishment has been mounting parades at both local and National festivals. In Sports, the school engages in inter- schools athletics and games competitions. For sometime now, most of the students are selected to compete at both Regional and National levels in games and athletics and these are no mean achievements.
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
- The school has the following academic facilities:
A science Laboratory
A science Resource centre
A computer Laboratory and
- Other Non-Academic facilities include:
2 Boys dormitories
1 Girls dormitory
1 Assembly Hall
1 Dining Hall
1 Sick Bay (still under construction)
1 Administration Block
Water Project ( under construction)
2 Fields ( one Football field and one 400m athletic oval)
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
As noted earlier, the school is currently running four academic programmes. They include:
- Agricultural Science
- Business Education
- General Science
- General Arts
- CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
These are programmes and activities organized outside the classroom and they include sports and games, culture, church activities and various associations. Special days and time have been set aside for students to meet and participate fully in such activities.
The stake holders of our educational institution include:
- Old Students Association
- Parent-Teacher Association (PTA)
- The Traditional Council and
- District Assembly.
Among the projects and support it has offered to the school include: construction of a fence wall which is at the completion stage, provision of set of Jerseys and footballs to the school and the erection of goal posts for our two fields.
Currently, they are constructing a two storey building for the headmaster.
The District Assembly on its part constructed a 400 m Oval field for the school in 2007.
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day