FOMENA – T. I. AHMADIYYA SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
- To become a school of Academic, Religious and Moral Excellence, Producing Selfless, Hardworking and Disciplined people to Serve God and Humanity.
- Striving to become a school of High Academic, Moral and Religious Excellence to Earn for Itself a Household Name in the Country.
- To become a model school in the Areas of Academic, Religious and moral Excellence.
- Learn to Serve Humanity Through the Provision of Secular Education.
- Provide Religious and Secular Education with sound moral and spiritual values of the products of our school. More Emphasis should be placed on Religious and Moral Training.
- Our Aim is to serve Humanity and so we offer equal admission opportunity to all .
- Provide and Enforce Quality Education in our Products.
- Avoidance of Inimical Practice in the school eg. Bullying, Drug Addiction, Immorality, Promiscuity Obscenity, Occultism.
- SCHOOL CREST AND MOTTO
Motto: learn to serve
- BRIEF HISTORY OF INSTITUTION
- Name Of Institution: Fomena T. I. Ahmadiyya Senior High School.
- Year Of Establishment: 1968
- Location: Fomena, Adansi North District, Ashanti Region.
- Important School Dates Are As Follows:
1968 — Establishment of the School by Ahmadiyya Mission and Adansi Traditional Council, Mr. Mubarak Osei Kwesi was appointed as the Acting Headmaster.
1970 – Late Mr Kamalludin Khan a Pakistan Missionary Teacher was appointed as the First substantive Headmaster of the school by His Holiness Hadzrat Mirza Nazir Ahmad; Khalifatul Masih III. (Worldwide Spiritual Leader of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Mission)
JUNE 1978 – First Batch of students wrote G. C. E. ‘O’ Level in the school.
SEPT. 1987 – The school was absorbed into the Government school system.
1993 – The 1st Batch of students to write SSCE
26/2/2006 – Inauguration of the School’s Cadet Corps.
May, 2006 — The 1st Batch of students to write WASSCE 2006.
30th May, 2009 – The School Celebrated the 40th Anniversary.
7th Jan. 2010 – Mrs. Zainab Adams was appointed as 4th Headmistress of the School.
- Status of Institution – The school is a Boarding school.
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS OVER THE YEARS
- WASSCE: Students performance in the both SSCE and WASSCE for the past years has been very good. In the year 2004, the school placed 60th position out of over five hundred schools in Ghana in the national ranking. However, the performance in 2009 fell below expectation. Attached are details of some SSCE and WASSCE results of the school for your perusal.
- REGIONAL GAMES. Out of about 110 school / colleges in Ashanti Region, the school won the following Position in the various competitions.
Date: 2009 / 2010
- CROSS COUNTRY
BOYS – 3RD
GIRLS – 2ND
- VOLLEY BALL
BOYS – 5TH
GIRLS – 2ND
Boys – 1/4TH Final
Girls – Qualify for Regional Milo Championship
- TABLE TENNIS
Girls – First at zonal level
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
- Classrooms – 22
- Laboratories – 1 Block
- Library – The same size since establishment of the school.
- Computer Laboratory – More computers and accessories are needed to equip the laboratory.
- NON ACADEMIC
Recreational Ground – 1 football field and 1 volleyball Court
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
General Arts: History, Government, Geography, Economics, Islamic Religious studies, Christian religious Studies, Elective Mathematics
Business: Accounting, Business Management, Costing, Elective Mathematics
Agriculture Science: General Agriculture, Chemistry, Physics, Animal Husbandry
Science: Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Elective Mathematics
Visual Arts: General knowledge in Art, Graphic Design, Picture Making, Sculpture
- CO-CURRICULA ACTIVITIES:
- Cadet Corps
- Cadet Band
- Football Team
- Religious Groupings e.g. S.U., AMSAG, GMSA etc.
- Drama Troupe
- Debating Club
- Red Cross Society
- OLD STUDENTS: The school has a vibrant old student Association. It was officially inaugurated in 2004. The Association has Mr. Adams Bin Ibrahim, Assistant Headmaster Administration of the school as its President, Mr. Richmond Yeboah and Mr. Lincoln Owusu Ansah as Secretary and organizing secretary respectively. The association has contributed towards the construction of the school fence wall and staff bungalow
- PARENT – TEACHER ASSOCIATION (PTA): It has been supportive to the school. The following are the Executive members of the Association. The P.T.A recently contributed towards the construction of a 33 unit girl’s bathroom which has been completed.
- TRADITIONAL AUTHORITY: The school has been getting support from the Traditional Authority. The Parcel of land on which the school is situated was released to the school free of charge in 1968 by the then Adansihene, Nana Kwantwi Berimah. The School occasionally receives donations like bags of cement and cash from the authority to support the development of the school. A recent donation of 100 bags of cement was made to the school on 6th March 2011.
- DISTRICT ASSEMBLY: The newly created Adansi North Distract Assembly has contributed towards the construction of a borehole to help solve water problem in the school. The assembly is also financing the construction of a new administration block which is currently under construction.
OTHERS: Voluntary organizations such as Fomena Mpuntuo Kuo and Fomena Dev’t Fund are all supporting in terms of Development
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day