FUMBISI SENIOR HIGH/AGRIC SCHOOL
Fumbisi Senior High/Agric School seeks to be one of the vanguard schools and desired destination for students who seek quality education in the region, in the next five years.
To create a conducive learning environment through careful staff recruitment, conscientious teaching and learning and proactive leadership.
- HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF FUMSEC-FUMBISI
Fumbisi Senior High/Agric School came into existence in 1991 under the able leadership of the first Headmaster, Mr.Akatuuk. The students in the school’s catchment area had to go elsewhere for their secondary school education prior to the founding of the school. This posed a great problem for both educators and parents alike. Fumbisi Senior High/Agric School is located in the Builsa District in the Upper East Region. Fumbisi is also located a few kilometres from the Mamprusi West District, fondly referred to as “Over Seas”. The school serves as the main second cycle school of the people of that area also. The school started humbly, utilizing three workshops as classrooms and a very low student intake. Staffing was also a problem since the necessary infrastructure was lacking. The school has since grown and can now boast of a few infrastructural improvements to its campus. Mr. Roger Abapol took over the reins of the school in the year 2000 and has recently gone on retirement. Mr. Simon Conrad Seidu is presently Headmaster of the school, and it continues to grow steadily..
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS
The school has had a lot of challenges in staffing since its inception, which also affected the academic performance of the school. That problem has been gradually taken care of, and so performance has improved over the years. The school has enjoyed a steady performance in SSSCE and WASSCE, with the school making one of the best aggregate in science and scoring 100% in 2007 and 2008. The school continues to improve academically yearly, and it is the goal of the school to become the favoured destination for students who are interested in attaining a complete education.
The school has also participated in a few of the inter-zonal sports events and has improved in its standing each time. The girls 4X400 team of the school are currently the zonal champions for that event. We will be competing in the upcoming games and the students of this school will gain more laurels for the school admirably.
STATUS OF INSTITUTION
The status of the school is at the moment a Day/Hostel. It has been approved for boarding status and is only waiting for the formal declaration. The students in the school cook for themselves and are allowed visitation to the market once a week
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
- One classroom block with three classrooms, an office, computer room and a temporary office for the Headmaster.
- One storey classroom block with twelve classrooms, all of which are properly furnished.
- A furnished science block for Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Agric science.
- The school presently has a temporary library
- A football field and tracks.
- Volleyball court
- A basketball court is on the drawing board
- The school has acquired some traditional musical instruments which the students use to learn the indigenous culture of the people in Builsa via drumming and dancing.
- The entertainment department also puts on modern dance (jamz) for the students.
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
- Agriculture: General Agriculture, Crop husbandry and Horticulture, Chemistry, Elective Mathematics, Physics
- General Arts: Literature in English, Government, Christian Religious Studies, Economics, Geography, Elective Mathematics
- Business (Accounting Option): Business Management, Accounting.Business Mathematics and Principles of Costing, Economics, Elective Mathematics, Literature in English
- General Science: Elective Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Geography
The school has had a Parent Teacher Association for some time now and it has been doing its best to help with the development of the school. One of the achievements of the PTA was the provision of funds for the division of rooms of the old boys hostel to accommodate some teachers and national service personnel. The chief of Fumbisi is the head of the traditional authority in Fumbisi and has also in various ways supported the schools development agenda.
The Builsa district Assembly has also in myriad ways facilitated the acquisition of certain vital inputs that without would have greatly impeded any attempt by the school to realize some its goals.
The community in general have been wonderful and supportive in all the schools’ years in the area. There is a cordial relationship enjoyed by the school and community. Fumbisi is a livelier place because of the peaceful coexistence of the school and the local populace.
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day