GOWRIE SENIOR HIGH TECHNICAL SCHOOL
To produce self-competitive, creative and innovative individual students, with an insatiable desire to improve upon their existing realities.
We know that all responsible parents desire the best education for their wards. Our mission is therefore to provide the best, most effective and life- enhancing education for our students. In this regard, we are committed to consciously develop our students’ intellect, psycho – motor skills and character and to encourage them to think, express and achieve freely their potentials with a view to making them respectable, responsible and self – reliant.
- SCHOOL CREST AND MOTTO
- BRIEF HISTORY OF SCHOOL
- NAME OF INSTITUTION: Gowrie Senior High Technical School.
- YEAR OF ESTABLISMENT: January, 1991.
LOCATION: The School is located about 400 meters south of the Vea Dam in the Bongo District. It has a serene atmosphere; the Dam breeze provides suitable temperature for teaching and learning.
STATUS : Boarding
- MAJOR ARCHIEVEMENTS OVER THE YEARS
- S.C.E: 2003 % PASS: 100%
2004 % PASS: 94.1%
2005 % PASS: 98.1%
- WASSCE: 2006 % PASS: 99.0%. Number of students who qualified for University: 25.
2007 % PASS: 100%. Number of students who qualified for University: 38.
2008 % PASS: 100%. Number of students who qualified for University: 59.
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
- Classrooms: 17
- Laboratory: 1
- Library: 1(one small room)
- PROGRAMMES AND SUBJECTS OFFERED.
- Agricultural Science: General Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Chemistry, Elective Mathematics
- Technical: Building Construction, Technical Drawing, Wood Work, Mathematics Elective
- Home Economics: Management In Living, Foods And Nutrition, Clothing And Textiles, Economics, Chemistry
- General Arts: Literature In English, Geography, Economics, Government, Mathematics Elective, Islamic Studies
|SCHOOL OSTRICH FARM|
- CO – CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- Sports and games
- Supervision of club activities
- Weekly inspections of houses and plots
- Supervisions during preps in the evenings
- Supervision of students during practical activities in the school farms
- STAKE HOLDERS
- Old students
- Parent teacher association (PTA)
- Traditional Authorities (Gowrie)
- District Assembly – Bongo
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day