HUBERT SEMINARY SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL-KUMASI
The original mission of the institution was to train priests for the Catholic Church. With the absorption of the institution into the public system the mission of the institution now is to train priests for the Catholic Church and responsible leaders for the nation.
- School Crest and Motto:
- Brief history of the institution
The institution which was established in 1970 was named St. Hubert Seminary. In 2005 its name was changed to St. Hubert Seminary Senior High School after its absorption to the public system.
It is located at Santasi in the Ashanti Region of Ghana. It shares boarders with Opoku Ware Senior High School on the road to Apire.
telephone number is 0322022575.
Some important dates of the institution are the following:
- 1995 – 25th Anniversary,
- 2005 – Absorption into public system;
- 2010 – 40th Anniversary .
- 20th January – Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas, Patron Saint of Students.
- 6th March- Independence Day
- Palm Sunday
- Ascension, Day – (40 days after Easter Sunday)
- 1st July – Republic Day
- 25th May – A U Day
- 1st November – All Saints Day
Status of Institutions and facilities:
The institution has very limited boarding facilities. The twelve rooms in the boarding house are just enough to accommodate the Seminarians.
- Major achievement over the years.
During the days of “0” and ‘A’ days the results of St. Hubert Seminary were always among the best in the country. In 2002 the results of St. Hubert Seminary were adjudged to be the best of the private schools.
In March 2011 St. Hubert presented six students for the Ashanti Regional Mathematics Quiz. One of its students was one of the best twenty students.
- Regional Games:
The only year in which the institution excelled in sports was 1995 when it was the second runner up in the Regional Soccer Competition.
- School facilities:
There are twelve permanent and four temporary classrooms.
A three-unit classroom block which is under constriction is nearing completion and is expected to be ready for occupation before September, 2011.
A block which will accommodate the Science Laboratories, the Library and the I.C.T. laboratory is undergoing renovation. It is expected to be ready for occupation before September, 2011.
The institution has a football pitch, a basketball pitch, two volley ball pitches and two table tennis boards.
In addition it has an assembly hall which is big enough to seat about five hundred students.
- Academic Programmes
- General Arts: French, Geography, Economics, Elective Mathematics, Geography, History, Literature in English, Christian Religious Studies
- Business: Financial Accounting, Economics, Business Management, Elective Mathematics, Principles of Cost, Accounting.
- General Agriculture: General Agriculture, Physics, Chemistry, Elective Mathematics.
- STAKEHOLDERS :
- The St. Hubert Past Students’ Association is not very active. However, they always respond to calls for support.
- Parent/Teacher Association :
The Parent/Teacher Association is very active. Its meets regularly on the third Saturday of every term and holds an annual “Harvest” on the last Saturday of October to finance the projects it undertakes in the institution.
- Metropolitan Assembly:
The Metropolitan Assembly, through the Member of Parliament of Nyhiaeso, grants scholarships to two students every year.
- Catholic Archdiocese of Kumasi :
The Catholic Archdiocese of Kumasi which founded the institution follows with keen interest every activity of the institution. It sometimes finances certain repair works and new projects.
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day