HUNI VALLEY SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
P.O. BOX 24, HUNI VALLEY
The schools Vision/Mission is to produce academically qualified and self disciplined individuals who will fit well in the Society and contribute positively to nation development.
- SCHOOL CREST AND MOTTO
The symbols that constitute the school crest are:
- Sun rays
- Eagle with book in its mouth
- Fold mountain with a rail line through a valley
The suns rays: This indicate that the same difficulties and opportunities are there for every student everywhere, whether in the valley or on the mountain. These are the same examination for every student.
The Eagle: The eagle with a book indicates that the students should be as strong as eagle to go through the difficulties. They should raise above all challenges and move ahead.
The fold mountain with rail line: Even though there seem to be no way up in the valley since it is surrounded by mountains yet the rail line passes through to its destination. Though then seem to be more challenges determined student(s) will be able to achieve their aim or reach their goal.
SCHOOL MOTTO: The school motto is “Mind is Might”.
- BRIEF HISTORY OF INSTITUTION
Name of school: Huni-Valley Senior High School
Year of Establishment: 1975
Location: Huni-Valley, (Prestea/Huni-Valley District, W/R)
Telephone Numbers: 0209656880/0246312393/0275383621
Important School Date: 5th November of every year,-Home Coming Silver/Jubilee
Anniversary Celebration May, 2000.
30th Anniversary Celebration March, 2006.
The school runs both Day and Boarding system.
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS
SSCE: 2005 The school had 100% in the Senior Secondary School Examinations.
WASSCE: 2006 – 97%
- SHOOL FACILITIES
- Classrooms: 19
- Laboratories: 4 (i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Computer)
- One (1) Standard field for soccer and athletics
- One (1) Volley ball court
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
- General Science: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Elective Mathematics, Geography, French
- General Arts: Literature In English, French, Fante, Christian Religious Studies, Geography, Economics, Government, Elective Mathematics, General Knowledge In Art
- Business (Accounting): Business Management, Business Mathematics & Principles Of Costing, Principles Of Accounting, Economics, Elective Mathematics
- Home Economics: General Knowledge In At, Management In Living, Food And Nurition, Clothing And Textiles, Economics, Biology
- CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
The school has the following clubs and religious groups
- Geography club
- Cadet Corp
- Civic club
- School Choir
- Religious groups
- GHAMSU/SCRIPTURE UNION (SU), PENSA ETC.
- OLD STUDENTS
The school has a vibrant old students Association (i.e. Huni-Valley Old Students Association) HOSA. The Association is nick-named “The Gyeetuos”. The Association occasionally donates library books computers, deep freezer and cash to their alma-mater. It at times visits the school to interact with the students and also gives pieces of advice when necessary.
- PARENT – TEACHER ASSOCIATION
This association assists the school with
- Office machines (Photocopier)
- Classroom furniture
- Staff accommodation
- School bus
- Incentives to teachers
- TRADITIONAL AUTHORITY
The school is located in the Bosomtwi Traditional Area. It is a developing partner of the school.
The Bosomtwi Traditional Authority did assist the school by providing land for its present location. The Traditional Authority also provides accommodation to the staff of the school.
School Occasionally Cash donations are made to the by the Traditional Authority.
- DISTRICT ASSEMBLY
The school is located in the newly created district of Prestea/Huni-Valley. The Assembly did donate classroom furniture to the school. The Assembly also provides security when the need arises
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day