HWIDIEM SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
To make the school a place of moral and academic excellence.
To produce students of academic and moral excellence to sustain the manpower needs of our country with support from all stakeholders of education.
- SCHOOL CREST AND MOTTO
MOTTO:- Fear God and be Wise
- BRIEF HISTORY OF INSTITUTION
- The school was established as a Training College in 1967 and changed into a Secondary School in 1973. The name of the school presently is Hwidiem Senior High School.
- The school is located at Hwidiem in Asutifi District of the Brong Ahafo Region.
- The school has both Boarding and Day facilities for boys and girls
- The school’s telephone number is 061 – 95481
- Important School Dates are
- 11th April, 1967 – Inauguration of the first Board of Governors.
- 9th October, 1970 – Female Students admitted to the school.
- 28th September, 1973 – Secondary Department opened at HWISEC
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS OVER THE YEARS: SSSCE AND
- WASSCE results have been good over the years.
- Again, the school won a computer for being 2nd in a Regional English Quiz Competition organized by Cool World Series in 2008.
- The school took part in the Regional Games in Sunyani and placed 2nd in both Volleyball and Handball in 2009.
- The school Cadet was first (1st ) in March Past at the 2009 Independence Parade.
- SCHOOL FACILITIES: –
- Academic – The school has twenty – eight classrooms, a Science Laboratory and a Computer Laboratory.
- The school has a Home Economics centre and a playing field.
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
Agriculture Programme: General Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Chemistry, Physics
Business Programme: Business Management, Business Mathematics and Principles of. Costing, Economics, Elective Mathematics
Visual Arts: General Knowledge in Art, Basketry, Textiles
Home Economics: Management – In – Living, Foods & Nutrition, Economics, Biology
Science: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Elective Mathematics
General Arts : Literature – In – English, Asante Twi, Music, Christian Religious Studies, Geography, Economics, History, Government, Elective Mathematics
- CO – CURRICULA ACTIVITIES
The following co-curricula active activities exist in the school: Sports and Games, Drama and Culture
- STAKEHOLDERS: –
- The Old Students are now trying to organize themselves
- The P. T. A. has put up a 3 – bedroom bungalow for masters and has embarked on a fence wall construction in addition to an eight bedroom bungalow for house masters.
iii. The Traditional Authority supports the school and visits the school to give pieces of advice to both masters and students
iv The District Assembly comes to the aid of the school when the need arises.
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day