JINIJINI SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
The school has the vision of aspiring to a greater height in terms of innovation. i.e. The school will explore all avenues to expose the products to meet the challenges of the outside world.
The school has the mission of proving to the community with the good intentions that it has on students. i.e. student will learn hard and become well discipline students who will go out and fit well in their various communities.
- CREST AND MOTTO
The school has a motto which reads; Discipline and hard work. The crest has been divided into three chambers;
- A scholar meaning producing more scholars
- Shovel – Training the students to help build the school just as a mason puts up a mansion
- A matchet and a hoe, helping the student to use these implements to produce and feed themselves without relying on others for survival.
- BRIEF HISTROY
- i) Year of Establishment: It was established in January 1991
ii Location: It is located on an upland between Jinijini and Fetentaa Highway.
iii Important School Days:
(a) The school organizes Independence Days on every 6th March
(b) Fresh students’ Days on every two or three weeks after settling on campus.
(c) Leavers’ Days celebrated on every year for the final year students.
(i) Day: Students stay in Jinijini and its environs, Berekum and its surrounding villages.
(ii) Hostel: Students live in self contained houses and compound houses around the school premises.
(iii) Boarding: Two blocks for the girls from the common fund
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS OVER THE YEARS
(i) SSCE: 2003 — 100%; 2004 – 100% ; 2005 – 98.8%; 2006 – 100%
(ii) WASSCE: 2007 – 96.89% 2008 – 90.96%; 2009 – 100%
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
(i) Academic; (a) Classrooms; 13 classrooms
(a) Laboratories; — None
(b) Library; — one library
(ii) Recreational Grounds: One football field but no proper grounds for Hand ball, Volley ball and other games.
- Old students have their representative on the Board of Governance of the school.
- A very strong Parent Teacher Association (P.T.A) is in the school.
- The Traditional Authority has a representative on the school’s Board of Governors.
- There is a representative of Municipal Assembly on the school’s Board of Governors.
- Few philanthropists are assisting the school.
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day