JUABESO SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
To become one of the best institution for academic excellence in the Western Region and the country at large; promoting quality education and well disciplined students who would become responsible citizens in future
To promote long term development of society and communities by working in close collaboration with such communities and ensuring that the development of the school impacts positively on such communities
- SCHOOL CREST & MOTTO ‘Dwen Kyea Bie’ meaning – Think ahead.
- BRIEF HISTROY OF INSTITUTION
The official name of the school is Juaboso Senior High School, often shortened to “JUASEC”. It is located at Juaboso, the District capital of Juaboso in the Western Region. The school is near the local F. M. station (Rainbow Radio), just at the outskirt or the town from Asawinso. A sign post is conspicuously placed at the junction to direct students, parent guardians and other visitors.
The school is one of the newly established schools. It is the senior high in the district. In 1991, it was established to absorb the growing number of Junior high school graduates in the area. It now has a population of one thousand and eight – six (1,086) students.
The 1st Anniversary (open day) was on 1st February 1998 after the school was re-established in February 1997.
The school is day, but operates hostel facilities supervised by the Ghana Education Service.
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS
- SSCE: Between 2000 and 2005, the school presented candidates for SSCE. The best aggregates recorded in the years was a single digit. (Aggregate 08) in 2001, 2002 and 2004. In 2002 the school was 8th in the Region and 52nd nationwide (according to the 2002 league placement.
- WASSCE: From 2006 to date, the school has been writing WASSCE. The best aggregate has been eleven (11).
- Regional games: In 2004, the school was first (1st) in Regional Reading competition. In 2004/05 the school was Milo games finalist.
- SCHOOL FACILITES
- Classroom: – 22 classrooms are in use. Nine are in good condition, 6 are on – going and the remaining needs major renovation.
(b & c) The Library and Laboratories and administration block are under construction.
- Non – Academic: –
Recreational grounds such as football field and volley ball pitch are available. There are no recreational grounds for as basket ball, handball etc.
There are 5 departments in the school. These are
– Science Department
– Agric Department
– Home Economics Department
– Business Department
– General Arts Department
It has undertaken a citrus plantation (about 360 seedlings) and about to establish a wood lot. It has plans of going into vegetable production and palm plantation. The department is considering the possibility of going into non – traditional animal production specifically, bee – keeping and grasscutter production.
- CO-CURRICULA ACTIVITIES
Brass Band, Cadet, Drama Club, Maths Club, School Choir
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day