KOASE SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Our vision is to see the school develop to become one of the best and most attractive school in terms of infrastructure and academic performance with disciplined students and staff
To provide quality training of the youth (JHS) graduates to acquire technical, vocational and agricultural skills required in the development of the nation while at the same time the students who pass out shall be useful to themselves and the community in which they live.
Also to provide good moral training and senior high school graduates who could enter various spheres of academia.
- SCHOOL CREST AND MOTTO:
- BRIEF HISTORY OF THE INSTITUTION.
The educational reform that saw to the implementation of the Senior Secondary School programme gave birth to the establishment of Koase Senior High/ Technical in January 1991.
The school started with fifty-two (52) and four (4) teachers including Nana Kwasi Adjei, who was the first headmaster, and it was housed in the former Experimental junior secondary school premises.
Three programmes, namely, agriculture, vocational and technical were offered when the school was started. By the end of the first term the total enrolment had reached one hundred and ninety-two (192)
The school has gradually grown to its present state.
The school is located at Koase-Wenchi Municipality in the Brong Ahafo Region.
Important school dates: Founders Day- 28th January, 1991.
Status: The school is day but has hostel facilities.
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS OVER THE YEARS.
- WASSCE: there has been improvement in WASSCE final examination results from 2007 to 2009.
The number of candidates presented for 2007 WASSCE examination were 112 and overall percentage passed was 82.1%
In 2008, the number of candidates presented were 67 and the overall percentage passed was 86.2%
A significant improvement was realized in 2009 WASSCE examination when 124 candidates were presented and the overall percentage passed was 97.58%
- National Science And Mathematics Quiz
This school is not offering science bias and has not taken part in the national science and mathematics quiz.
- Regional Games:
In 2007, a girl from this school took part in high jump and emerged first in the girls high jump division at a height of 1.57m.
- SCHOOL FACILITIES:
- Classroom: Number of Classrooms 16
- Core Science Laboratory – Available
- Library: Stocked with textbooks, story books, newspapers etc.
- Non academic:
Recreational grounds: football, volley and handball fields
- PROGRAMMES AND SUBJECTS OFFERED
- Agriculture Programme: General Agriculture, Crops Husbandry, Chemistry, Elective Mathematics, Music
- Technical Programme: Metal Work, Technical Drawing, Woodwork, Elective Mathematics
- Visual Arts: General Knowledge in Art, Graphic Design, Leather Works
- Home Economics: General Knowledge in Art, Management in Living, Foods and Nutrition, Economics
- General Science: Chemistry
- General Arts: Asante Twi, Music, Christian Religious Studies, Economics, History, Government
- CO-CURRICULA ACTIVITIES :
Co-curricula activity in the school includes Debating Club, Human Rights, Sports, Drama Club and Library Club.
- STAKE HOLDERS:
- Old Students: Very young Association They have been very supportive
- Parents / Teachers Association: They helped in the building of girls dormitory and are preparing to build three unit classroom block.
- Traditional Authority: They have been very supportive.
- District Assembly: The assembly has built (KVIP) toilet for the school and six unit classroom block is under construction currently.
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day