KWAME DANSO SENIOR HIGH TECHNICAL SCHOOL
Education should result in the formation of well- balanced individuals with the requisite Knowledge, Skills, values, aptitudes and attitudes to become functional and productive citizens.
The students should be trained to become enterprising and adaptable to the demands of a fast changing world driven by modern science and technology. Also to reform the youth between age 12 to 19 to support a nation aspiring to build a knowledge-based economy.
- SCHOOL CREST AND MOTTO.
- BRIEF HISTORY
Kwame Danso Senior High Technical School was established by the Government on the 28th January, 1991 with 73 students made up of 65 boys and 8 girls.
The school is located in Kwame Danso the district capital of Sene.
Telephone Number. Headmaster: 0275222025 or 0248632471
The school has adopted the four traditional festivals celebrated in the area: These are:
(i) FOFIE YAM FESTIVAL:- This festival is Celebrated by the Dwan Traditional Council. It is celebrated in the later part of December, each year. The school is always active in the activities drawn by the Traditional Council.
- KWABENA FESTIVAL:- It is celebrated by the Wiase Traditional Area between January and February each year.
(ii) KYENI FESTIVAL:- It is Celebrated by the Bassa Traditional Area.
(iv) GYENATA FESTIVAL:- It is celebrated by the NKOMI Traditional Area.
Kwame Danso Senior High Technical School is a day school with hostel facilities
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS:
There has been tremendous improvement in enrolment.
Academic Performance of candidates for the SSSCE/WASSCE is on the average.
In terms of Sports the school is the Zonal Champions. The school has won for keeps the Yeji Traditional Area Festival Cup.
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
The school has 16 classrooms with Biology, Chemistry and Physics Laboratories. There is Home Science Department. The school has a Library Stocked with reading and reference books. There is a Computer Laboratory with functional computers for computer studies. See below pictures.
There is a playing field and a volley ball court. The school can boast of a formidable choir.
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
- Agricultural Science: General Agriculture, Horticulture, Animal Husbandry, Fisheries, Chemistry, Elective Mathematics
- Business Programe (Accouning Option): Business Management, Business Mathematics & Principles of Costing, Principles of Accounting, Economics, Elective Mathematics
- Technical Programme: Building &Construction, Metalwork, Technical Drawing, Woodwork, Elective Mathematics
- Home Economics Programme: General Knowledge in Art, Management In Living, Food and Nutrition, Clothing and Textiles, Economics, French, Chemistry, Biology
- General Arts: Literature in English, Asante Twi, Geography, Economics, History, Government, Elective Mathematics, General Knowledge In Art
- CO-CURRICULA ACTIVITIES
The school can boast of several co-curricula activities.
- The Cadet Corps
CADET CORPS ACTIVITIES
(ii) The Debating club
(iii) The Virgin Club
- The Science Club
- STAKE HOLDERS
(i) Old Students: – The school has inactive Old Students Association
(ii) Parent -Teacher Association (PTA):- Is very vibrant.
(iii) Traditional Authority is available but dormant in terms of assisting the school to stop the community in encroaching upon the school land.
(iv) Sene District Assembly has helped in erecting some buildings; for example Boys hostel and six classroom block. See Building in pictures.
- World Vision International Sene ADP The World Vision has been providing the school with books for the library together with Jerseys and Footballs.
It has also been assisting poor but needy students by paying their fees.
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day