MEPE ST. KIZITO SENIOR HIGH TECHNICAL SCHOOL
The vision for the school is to prepare students in cognizance of the Catholic principle of excellence, through the efforts of well trained, motivated and committed staff to maximize students’ potential for tertiary education and job training to meet notional aspirations.
- Involve the Board of Governors in the decision making process of the school administration.
- Ensure a tidy and congenial school environment.
- Set a target with time frame for the achievement of school goals.
- Monitor the work output of staff and students.
- Encourage participation in decision making at staff and student levels.
- Ensure the proper functioning of the disciplinary committee to give the school a good moral tone.
- Update the minds of stakeholders like the PTA., Old Students, community leaders and interest groups on relevant school issues and enlist their support for the development of the school.
- SCHOOL CREST AND MOTTO
- BRIEF HISTORY OF SCHOOL
Name of Institution: Mepe St. Kizito Senior High Technical School.
Year of Establishment Founded as a community Technical Institute on 18th October, 1988.
Absorbed into the public school system in January, 1993.
Location: The school is located at Mepe, a town in the North Tongu District of the Volta Region. It located at Avukpoe, a suburd of the town.
Important School Dates:
(a) 9th August, 2003 – First Speech and Prize Giving Day celebrated.
(b) 30th February, 2005 – Maiden Awards Day was celebrated to honour S. S .S.C. E .candidates who passed their entire subjects.
Status: The school operates a day system with hostel facilities for boys and girls.
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS OVER THE YEARS
(i) Regional Games: A student of the school, Master Segbe Christopher, was selected as javelin thrower in the National Athletic team for 2009 / 2010 academic year.
(ii) ICT Programming Competition: The school took part in an ICT programming competition held at Kofi Annan Centre, and won the 7th position in the nation and the3rd in Volta Region.
(iii) SSSCE/WASSCE RESULTS.
|YEAR||PERCENTAGE PASS||YEAR||PERCENTAGE PASS|
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
(a) There are adequate classrooms for current enrolment.
(b) A science laboratory is under construction
(c) A medium size library is available.
(e) There is a computer laboratory (currently with 20 computers for student practice)
(a) A Football park and volleyball courts are available.
(b) A KVIP (ventilated pit) toilet exists.
(c) A stand pipe and a borehole are available.
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
- Business (Accounting): Business Management, Principles of Costing Accounting, Financial Accounting, Economics, Elective Mathematics
- Business (Secretarial): Business Management, Type Writing, Clerical Office Duties, Economics
- Technical: Building & Construction, Technical Drawing, Woodwork, Elective Mathematics
- Vocational (Visual Arts): General Knowledge in Art, Graphic Design, Sculpture
- Vocational (Home Economics): General Knowledge in Art, Management in Living, Foods and Nutrition, Clothing and Textile, Economics
- General Arts: Literature in English, Ewe, Geography, Economics, History, Government, Elective Mathematics
- CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
(i) The school participates in sporting activities annually at school, district and zonal levels.
(Ii) There exist clubs such as
School Choir, Culture and Drama Club, Scripture Union, Catholic Students’ Union, Naval Cadet Corp, Achievers Club, Civic Education Club
Old Students Association
Provided funds to extend electric power supply to the school toilets.
Organization of annual competitive examinations quizzes’ and debates for awards to excelling students.
Offering assistance in the form of bursaries to students pursuing technical programme.
Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
- Helped to put up the new administration block.
- Provided about three to four hundred mono desks to the school.
- Purchased Home Economics equipment for the department.
- Purchased 15 home-used computers for the school Computer Laboratory.
- Currently paying monthly allowance to the part-time Librarian.
- Release of land by Dzagbaku Clan (land owners) for school use.
- Resolved conflicts concerning encroachment on school land.
- Resolved certain misunderstanding between the school administration and the community.
Mepe Development Association (MDA)
Achievements include some of the following:
- Constructed the Visual Arts building and the girls’ hostel building through self help.
- Constructed a two-unit classroom block with workshop through levies and fund-raising activities.
- Sourced funds through the Canadian High Commission for the construction of a Technical block.
- Sourced funds through the Japanese Embassy in 1997 for the construction of a three-unit classroom block.
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day