METHODIST SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL – SEKONDI
To lay a solid educational foundation based on faith in God through Jesus to provide a holistic education whereby the students will receive quality education based on academic excellence and development of productive skills which will lead to the development of the individual student with honesty, integrity, Christian values and work ethics.
Methodist Senior High School seeks to provide holistic and quality education to enable her students to be productive and responsible citizens so as to enhance their contribution to the community and the nation at large.
- BRIEF HISTORY:
METHODIST SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL was started as a private day vocational secondary school by the Wesley Methodist Church, Sekondi in 1984. It was absorbed into the government main stream secondary system in January 1994.
The present location of the school is European Town, Sekondi. From next academic year the school is likely to run two campuses – Sekondi and Kansaworado which is also within the Sekondi/Takoradi Metropolis.
STATUS: A purely Day school
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS:
- The school keeps on recording gradual improvement in the WASSCE results in last few years. The Business and Home Economics Departments always record 100% with the between A and C.
- The school always takes the first position for the Western Inter Senior High School Cultural Competitions.
- Methodist Senior High School is rated among the best in terms football.
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES:
- Business: Business Management, Accounting, Costing, Elective Mathematics
- Home Economics: Foods & Nutrition, Clothing & textiles, General Knowledge In Art, Biology, Chemistry
- General Arts: Literature In English, Government, Economics, Christian Religious Studies, French, Fante, Geography
- SCHOOL FACILITIES:
The school has a sizeable and well furnished computer laboratory that can accommodate about sixty students and a sizeable library with the necessary books.
A new school block to accommodate more students is under construction at the new site at Kansaworado.
- CO- CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES:
As a means of inculcating into the students morality, patriotism, respect and self confidence, the school has the following clubs and societies to engage them outside the normal classroom work. They are the School Choir, Cultural Troupe, GHAMSU, Scripture Union, Head of State Award Scheme, Cadet etc.
- Parents-Teachers Association(PTA)
- Metropolitan Assembly
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day