NALERIGU SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL 2009/10
To create a school environment capable of meeting the needs of students, irrespective of their various backgrounds
To provide a disciplined environment and to make judicious use of available human and material resources to enable students achieve academic excellence.
- SCHOOL CREST AND MOTTO:-
Victoria per Labore (Victory through hard work)
- BRIEF HISTORY OF INSTITUTION:-
(I) Name of Institution:- Nalerigu Senior High School.
The school started as a Middle Boarding School in 1947 ie ten years before our beloved country, Ghana gained her independence from British Colonial rule. Later in 1965, it was turned into a Teacher Training College. In conformity with the educational needs of the country, Nalerigu Training College (as it was then called), was later on in 1972 and together with other Training Colleges in the country converted to a Secondary School. Thus came the birth of Nalerigu Senior High School (or Nalerigu Secondary School as it was not long ago called) on the 4th November, 1972.
List Of Past and Present Headmasters
NO NAME PERIOD
- Mr. Koda Haruna 1972 – 1974
- Mr. R.A. Atubiga 1974 – 1979
- Mr. R. A Ajene 1979 – 1981
- Mr. D. N. Loriba 1981 – 1982
- Mr. S. B. Nantomah 1982 – 1986
- Mr. J. B. Dakorah 1986 – 1998
- Mr. Nabla Sulemana 1998 – 2005
- Mr. S. B. Awari 2005 to date
(Ii) Year Of Establishment:- 4th November, 1972
(iii) Location:- West of Nalerigu, Left of Nalerigu-Gambaga Road, East Mamprusi District, Northern Region, Ghana
(Iv) Telephone Numbers:- Headmaster’s Office: 071-94519
Headmaster’s Residence: 071-94436
Bursar’s Office: 071-94518
(V) Important School dates:-
Founders Day : – 4th November every year
40th anniversary – 4th November, 2012
Golden Jubilee – 4h November, 2022
Status of Institution
Nalerigu Senior High is a boarding Institution
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS OVER THE YEARS
(I) SSCE/WASSCE ACHIEVEMENTS
The results of the school have seen a lot of improvement over the years. Below are summaries of results from 2005 to 2009.
|no of passes||8 subjects||7 subjects||6 subjects||5 subjects||4 subjects||3 subjects||2 subjects||1 subjects||Failed|
(iv) Regional Games:-
The school won the Northern Regional Milo soccer championship cup in 2006.
The school also placed 4th in the Inter-Regional Milo soccer championship which took place in
Koforidua in 2006.
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
(a) Classrooms: 21 classrooms
(b) Laboratory: 3 labs (Chemistry, Biology and Physics )
(c) Computer Lab. 1
(d) Library : located in the school administration block
(ii) Non- Academic
Recreational Grounds : 2 – football fields and 2 – Volley ball pitches
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES:
- General Science:- Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Elective. Maths
- Agriculture:- Chemistry, Physics, Gen. Agriculture and Animal Husbandry
- Home Economics:– Management -in-living, Foods and Nutrition/Clothing and Textiles, Economics and Biology
- Business:– Principle. Of Cost Accounting, Financial Accounting, Business Management and Economics
- General Arts:– Literature Option:- Literature-in-English, History, Government , French, Islamic Religious Studies, Christian Religious Studies, Economics, Elective Mathematics, Geography
- CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
The school in addition to academic programmes organizes co-curricular activities. These include:-
School clubs and societies, cultural activities and sports and games
(i) School clubs and societies:- These specific clubs and societies fall under these headings:
Wildlife, Abstinence , Debate and Drama, Civic club, UNESCO club
(ii) Cultural Activities:-
- The school involves students in cultural activities where various ethnic groups perform drumming and dancing competitions
- the school also partakes in inter-school and zonal cultural festivals
(I) Old Students
- Most of the teachers of the school are old students
- They help in giving suggestions to authority on certain disciplinary issues in the school.
- Donate books for speech and prize giving
- Involved in celebrating school’s Founders’ Day
|Naa Jeringa Defence Wall|
(ii) Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
- The PTA has been very supportive in many areas:
- Bought a home use engine for the Science Resource Centre Bus.
- Put up 2 units Semi-detached twin quarters. which have been roofed
- Buys food stuffs during the harvest season and sells them at affordable prices to the school when it runs short of foodstuffs. .
- Assists the school every year to celebrate the schools’ founders’ day.
- Bought a home use pick-up for the use of the Headmaster
- Bought 250 dual desk furniture for the school.
(iii) Traditional Authority
- They assist in refreshing staff and students on occasions of sports competitions and other festivities
- They visit the school and offer useful advice.
|The Baptist Medical Centre|
(iv) District Assembly
- It assisted in renovating a boys’ one storey building
- It also donated some money to assist the school to mechanize a borehole to provide potable water for the school community.
- They assisted the school in the provision of street light
- East Mamprusi Community Bank donated a 14 inch colour television during the schools’ speech and prize giving day organised in 2008.
- Partnership for Rural Empowerment and Development (PARED) donated wellington boots and Knapsack sprayers and cutlasses towards the schools’speech and prize giving day.
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day