NAVRONGO SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
To train and equip the Ghanaian youth with the requisite academic know-how, ideas and skills in a congenial atmosphere to guarantee continuous supply of quality human resource needs of the country.
- To achieve high academic excellence especially in the Science and humanities.
- To turn out patriotic and resourceful individuals who would exhibit moral and spiritual uprightness.
- To equip the individual with information communication technology to be able to face current global trends of human development;
- To provide avenues for the holistic development of the individual the group and the society.
- BRIEF HISTORY
Navrongo Senior High School was founded in September, 1960. The foundation stne was laid by Hon. L.R. Abavana the then Minister for the Northern Territories in the first Republic of Ghana. The student population for the start of the year was sixty-seven (67) students which has grown over the years to increase it to One Thousand Two Hundred and Eighty Seven (1,287) at present.
The first President of Ghana, Osagefo Dr. Kwame Nkrumah opened the school and wrote in the log Book thus – “This school has a future, I shall watch its progress with keen interest”.
Navrongo Senior High School is located in Janania, a suburb of Navrongo in the Kassena –Nankana District of the Upper East Region.
0742 – 22615 (GENERAL OFFICE)
0742 – 22230 (HEADMASTER’S OFFICE)
Status Of Institution: Boarding
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
Classrooms – 29 Classrooms
Laboratories – Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Computer laboratories
Library – 1 Library block with teacher resource centre
- Seven (7) storey blocks used as students dormitories
- 1 Administration block
- 1 Dining Hall with kitchen attached
- School Dam and Garden
- A Chapel and Mosque
The school recreational grounds is commonly called the Kassardjan Sports stadium. It consists of the following playing fields Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Handball and on Athletic Oral.
- ACADEMIC PROGROMMES
- General Science: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths (elective), ICT
- General Arts: Government, Geography, History, Economics, Literature in English, CRS, IRS, French, General Knowledge in Arts, Maths (Elective) ICT
- Agricultural Science: Animal Husbandry, Crop Husbandry, General Agriculture, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (elective), Biology, ICT
- Home Economics: Management in Living, Foods and Nutrition, Chemistry, Economics. ICT, Clothing and Textiles
- Visual Arts: General Knowledge in Art, Graphic Design, Textiles Design, Maths (elective), Economics
- Business: Financial Accounting, Principles of Cost Accounting, Business Management, Economics, Mathematics (elective), ICT
- EXTRA CURRICULA ACTIVITIES
- Sports & Games
Athletics, Soccer, Volleyball, Basket Ball, Handball Table Tennis, Hockey
- Clubs & Societies
Drama Club, Debating Club, literary Club, Science and Maths Club Cadet Corps, Geography, French, Business, Agric,
School Choir, Catholic Students Union, Ghana Muslim Students’ Association, Scripture Union
Kasena-Nankana District Assembly
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day