NKORANZA TECHNICAL INSTITUTE
Tel: 061-44147, firstname.lastname@example.org
The vision of the Institute is to provide quality Technical and Vocational Education and Training and skills delivery to meet Ghana’s socio-economic development needs.
Our mission is to provide the youth with demand-driven employable skills and general education to enable them fulfill the country’s technical human resource requirement.
- SCHOOL CREST AND MOTTO
Key to School Crest:
- 2007 – Year established
- Book – Indicating theory and general studies.
- Tools – Indicating skills training.
- ‘Adinkrahene’- Symbolizing holistic education of the person.
- Golden Star – That, products ought to shine in the field of work.
- Motto – ‘Nkyiri Mma No Nti’ (That, we live not for ourselves only but for posterity)
- BRIEF HISTORY OF INSTITUTION
The Ministry of Education and Ghana Education Service established the Nkoranza Technical Institute out of Nkoranza Secondary/Technical School to stand out as an independent institution in August 2007.
Various stake holders as listed below have the onerous task of ensuring the smooth take-off of the institution.
- The Hon. Member of Parliament, Nkoranza South (Mr. Ampofo-Twumasi)
- The Regional Director of Education (Ms. Akua Debrah)
- The District Director of Education (Mr. J.R. Agyeman-Badu)
- The Nkoranza District Assembly
- The Headmaster of Nkoranza Senior High school (Mr. J. K. Adjei)
- The first Principal (Mr. Albert Adusei)
The Institute runs on both day and hostel.
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS OVER THE YEARS:
The Institute started with 74 students but currently, it has a population of 266.
In collaboration with the PTA the Institute has been able to put up a pavilion which is being used as a classroom.
The Institute has also been able to organise for the first time, Inter-houses athletics and games competition successfully
The institute came first in the Snr. High division of the Independent match past celebration.
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
Classrooms: Currently the Institute uses Workshops and Pavilions as classrooms.
The Institute does not have Laboratories and Library
Recreational Grounds: The school uses the recreational facilities of the sister school – Nkoranza Senior High.
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
The following Programmes and Subjects are offered by the Institute in addition to the core subjects:
- Blocklaying and Concreting
- Auto Mechanics
- Mechanical Engineering Craft Practice
- Carpentry and Joinery
- Electrical Installation Works
- General Department
- CO-CURRICULA ACTIVITIES:
The Co-Curricula activities in the institute include Sports and Games, debating club and religious grouping activities such as the Scripture Union (SU), Ghana Muslims Students Association (GMSA) and National Association of Adventist Students (NAAS).
Old student: Since the Institute is a new one it does not have old students.
Parent-Teacher Association (PTA): The Institution has a vey vibrant Parent\ Teacher Association which meets at least once since its inception.
Traditional Authority: The traditional council has given the Institute 127 acres of land for its development.
District Assembly: The Nkoranza South District Assembly is constructing a One-unit Semi-detached staff bungalows and a learning resource centre for the Institute.
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day