NKRANKWANTA SENIOR HIGH/ TECHNICAL SCHOOL
- The school’s vision is to expand and progress to be a grade 1 school inspite of all the constraints that the school is faced with now.
- It is the vision of the school to expand both in infrastructural and man-power wise to be able to absorb the teeming number of Junior High School leavers in its catchments area.
- The school’s mission is to produce high quality students to feed the country’s tertiary institution.
- It is also the mission of the school to train students in a way that they will be able to take up middle man- power positions in the working world.
- SCHOOL CREST AND MOTTO:
School crest is designed in such a way that it is divided into four (4) parts. In one of the parts is a book, in another, a cutlass, a hoe, and a rake, in a third part is a ruler, a pair of dividers and a pen. In a fourth part is a spanner and a brush. At the central part of the crest (in a loop) is a cocoa pod and a snail
Under the crest is the motto of the school which reads,
“PROGRESS IN PEACE”
The official name of the school is NKRANKWANTA SENIOR HIGH TECHNICAL SCHOOL (NKRANSTECH)
It was established in 1993
The school is situated at the South-eastern part of the town
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS OVER YEARS
WASSCE: 100% Passes in (2008/2009).
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
- The school one block divided into six classrooms.
It also has a technical block divided into two (2) workshops. However due to increase in enrolment, these have been converted into classrooms.
- The school’s library is in corporated into the administration block. The library is not spacious and is mostly stocked with out molded books.
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
- Agriculture Programme: General Agriculture, Chemistry, Physics, Elective Mathematics
- Business (Accounting Option): Business Management, Business Management & Principles of Costing, Principles of Accounting, Economics, Elective Mathematics
- Technical: Building Construction, Technical Drawing, Physics, Elective Mathematics
- General Science: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Elective Mathematics
- General Arts: Asante Twi, Geography, Geography, Economics, Government
- Old Students
The P.T.A. put up a residential facility for the headmaster and a hostel for the girls. A computer laboratory under construction is a current project embarked upon by the P.T.A.
- Traditional Authority:
The traditional authority helped in putting up six classroom blocks and leased about Six acres of land for the school
- District/Municipal Assembly:
The District Assembly donated items worth about ¢12,000,000 for the completion of the headmaster’s bungalow.
- Local Council of Churches:
Contributed immensely to the construction of the only boys’ hostel now in the school by contributing in cash and provision of labour during the construction of the hostel
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day