NORTHERN SCHOOL OF BUSINESS SENIOR HIGH, TAMALE
To provide quality education to its students so as to enable them acquire the requisite qualification for further learning in tertiary institutions and become responsible and productive citizens ready to assume leadership roles in the country’s socio-economic development, poverty reduction agenda as well as promote co-curricular activities needed for human resource development.
The mission of the school is to recruit and maintain qualified, competent and dedicated staff who will/shall give in their utmost best in tuition and also to admit B. E. C. E leavers who have attained the requisite qualification and ensure quality education delivery with the view to achieving academic excellence, high level of discipline, good morals, excellence in sports as well as good sanitation.
- SCHOOL CREST AND MOTTO (PICTURE)
MOTTO: AMBITION IS THE LADDER TO SUCCESS
- BRIEF HISTORY OF INSTITUTION
Year Of Establishment: Founded in 1972 as a private school and later absorbed by government in 1978.
Location: 4 km Off Kamina – Bolga Road from town just after the Agric Forest on the left side.
Telephone Number: 03720 – 22932
Status Of Institution: Boarding and Day
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS OVER THE YEARS:
In 2005, the school registered 538 candidates and out of this number, 3 students did not write, 35 students failed in all subjects and 231 students passed in six subjects and above. This represented 43%.
In 2006, the school registered 560 candidates. Out of this number, 2 students did not write while 36 students failed in all subjects and 127 students passed in 6 subjects and above. This represented 23%.
In 2007, the school registered 494 candidates. Out of this number, 4 students failed in all the subjects while 322 students passed in 6 subjects and above. This represented 66%.
In 2008, the school registered 371 candidates and out of this number, one student did not write, no student failed in all subjects and 207 students passed in 6 subjects and above. This represented 56%.
In 2009, the school registered 433, out of which 1 did not write, 9 had total results cancelled, 2 had their English Language paper cancelled, 4 failed totally, and 315 passed in 6 subjects and above. This represented 73%.
- NATIONAL QUIZ ON FINANCE: 1st Regional (Northern)
- REGIONAL GAMES: (1) 1st in Regional Milo Competition held in Yendi (2008)
(2) 1st in Regional Cultural festival – 2009 and 2010.
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
- i) Academic
- Classrooms: 23
- Laboratories: 1 computer laboratory with 35 computers.
- Library: A building that can accommodate 30 students at any given time.
- ii) Non Academic
- a) Recreation Grounds: A standard football field constructed to be used as training centre for CAN 2008 Competition.
An athletics oval is constructed around the pitch for Inter-House Competitions.
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES:
- Business (Accounting): Business Management, Business Mathematics & Principles of Costing, Principles of Accounting, Economics, Elective Mathematics
- Business (Secretarial): Business Management, Typewriting, Clerical & Office Duties, Financial Accounting, Elective Mathematics, Economics
- Home Economics: General Knowledge in Art, Management in Living, Foods and Nutrition, Clothing and Textiles, Economics, French, Chemistry, Biology
- General Arts: Literature in English, French, Islamic Studies, Geography, Economics, History, Government,
- Elective Mathematics
- CO – CURRICULA ACTIVITIES: (1) A lot of sporting Activities and entertainment.
(2) Cadet corps.
- OLD STUDENTS: A functioning Old Students Association which visits the school and tries to help solve some of its numerous problems. There is good rapport between the school authorities and the old students association. They attend all functions of the school when invited. They have two main representatives on the school’s board.
- PARENT-TEACHER ASSOCIATION (PTA): A very vibrant PTA which is a major provider of infrastructure in the school. It is only of late (last year) that, Government started with some GET FUND projects which are still ongoing. PTA meetings are usually well attended.
- TRADITIONAL AUTHORITY: The school is under the jurisdiction of the Duunyin lana who is a sub-chief of the Choggu Naa. The school has established a cordial relationship with the traditional Authorities. They are always been invited to be part of the school whenever it is celebrating its Annual Speech and Prize Day, Annual Inter-House Athletics competition and many other activities.
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day