NSEIN SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL-BOGOSO
To produce student who cherish the fear of God, service to their country and hard work. The vision of the school is therefore paraphrased in its motto: “My God and My Country” “Me Nyamenle Nee Me Maanle”. (Nzema Vision)
To pursue the noble truth, aspire high in all endeavors and be disciplined.
- SCHOOL CREST
The School Crest are the following symbols:
- A Black Star – It represents the State of Ghana
- An Open Book – A symbolic of Truth, Sincerity, – God – and all the noble attributes
- A Hoe, a Cutlass and Axe – Represent our traditional emblem of hard work.
- BRIEF HISTORY OF INSTITUTION
- Name of Institution (The School has had changes of name from):
Kwame Nkrumah Secondary School (19-01-1960 to 28-02-1966)
Axim Secondary School (28-2-1996 to 11-11-1970)
Nsein Secondary School (Senior High School) 11-11-1970 to date.
- Year of Establishment 19th January 1960.
- Location (Nsein: i.e. along Axim-Takoradi road – 2km from Axim
- Telephone Number – 031-92389
- Important School dates (Founder’s Day 19th January)
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS OVER THE YEARS
The general performance of candidates from this school has been average with a few outstanding performances by individual students.
Major achievements in the SSCE has been in the following years: 1966 – 85.15% passed, 199-93% passed.
For WASSCE, major achievements have been recorded in the following years: 2004 – 99.7% passed; 2008 – 99.6% passed, 1988 – 90.8% 1 passed, 2009 – 99.4% passed.
It is significant to not that student in the Business, Home Economics, Agriculture and Science Departments have performed better in their elective subjects with score of 100% over the years.
It is hoped that students in other departments will also improve upon their performance in the near future.
Regional Games – Inter- House Competition: Inter-house competittion are keenly contested in games like football, volleyball, handball and table tennis. The most keenly contested is the boys football competition.
It is even more keenly contested among the houses. There are four divisions namely boys and girls in the junior or senior divisions. House Three has won the trophy (overall) repeatedly for four consecutive years.
The school has dominated some disciplines at the annual Nzema Zone Inter-School Competitions.
- The boys football teams in 2009 were champions and at the Super-Zonal Milo Championship they placed third.
- The boys handball team won the inter-schools competition the same year.
- The girls table tennis squad won back the title they have held some year back when they won the 2010 competition.
- Our athletes dominated the throwing events at both inter-school and super-school athletics competition and they continue to do so.
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day