OPPON MEMORIAL SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
- To attain high academic excellence through hard work
- To produce self – disciplined and self motivated graduates that can take responsible positions in the society.
The above can be achieved through the following measures:
- Recruiting qualified, self – disciplined teaching and non – teaching who are hardworking.
- Provision of infrastructural facilities to provide very conducive atmosphere for teaching and learning.
- Provision of teaching and learning materials, including standard library.
- Provision of recreational facilities.
The mission of the school is to;
- Train students to develop their God – Given talents
- Inculcate into the children self discipline and high moral standards that will help them to take responsible positions in the society.
- To give the students quality education through improved teaching methods and the provision of appropriate facilities.
- Recruiting qualified teachers to enhance teaching and learning.
- Improving community participation through h recognized associations etc the P.T.A, the Old Students Association and the Town Development Committees
- SCHOOL MOTTO: Success Through Hard Work
- BRIEF HISTORY OF THE SCHOOL:
The school started as a private school by one of the sub – chiefs of Kokofu by Name Nana Oppon in 1973. The Government took over the school two years later and made it a public school.
STATUS: Boarding and Day Facilities.
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS
- SCIENCE AND MATHEMATICS QUIZ.
2007/2008 Regional Science and Mathematics Quiz : Champions both District and Regional.
- REGIONAL GAMES. ETC
- 2008/2009 Runners up (girls) in Volley Ball Games at Zone D.
- 2008/2009 Table Tennis Champions both boys and girls at Zone D.
- Athletics – Always falling between 11th and 14th position (Boys) in the Regional Athletics out of 28 schools.
- Soccer – 2008/2009 runners up at Zone D.
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
(a) Classrooms – 15 unit classroom Block
(b) Laboratories – 1 Science Laboratory and 1 Computer Laboratory
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES.
General Science Physics Chemistry Biology Elective Mathematics
Business: Principles of Accounting Economics Financial Accounting Business Management
Home Economics: Food & Nutrition, Management–in–Living, Clothing and Textiles, Biology, General Knowledge–in–Art
General Arts: Government, Twi, French, History, Christian Religious Studies, Economics, Geography, Elective Mathematics
(i) Old Students: Actively functioning.
(ii) Parents Teachers Association (P.T.A): Vibrant, Meets at least once every term.
(iii) Traditional Authority: Cordial Relationship
(iv) Municipal Assembly: Supportive in terms of scholarship.
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day