PEKI SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
To provide relevant education to all Ghanaians at all levels to enable them to acquire skills that will assist them to develop their potential, to be productive, to facilitate poverty reduction and to promote socio-economic growth and national development.
To improve the pre-tertiary aspects of the goals of the ministry of education I order to achieve a high quality pre-tertiary education and training relevant to the manpower needs of the country and making it accessible to all children of school going age.
- SCHOOL MOTTO;
Nunya Adidoe asimetune o.
(Wisdom is like a baobab tree, it cannot be fully embraced)
- BRIEF HISTORY OF THE INSTITUTION:
- Name of institution: Peki Senior High School
- Year of Establishment: 11th February, 1957.
- Location: Peki, along the Asikuma – Kpeve trunk road
- Important School Dates: Speech and Prize – Giving Day held in the Third term of the academic year.
- STATUS OF INSTITUTION: The School operates as both Boarding and Day institution.
- Silver Jubilee (25 years) celebrated in 1982
- Golden Jubilee (50 years) celebrates on 10th June 2007
- 40th Anniversary of the school was celebrated on 27th September 1997
- MAJOR ACHIVEMENTS OVER THE YEARS
The school has chalked up high academic success in the SSSCE and WASSCE examinations conducted by the West African Examination council over the years. In 2007, the school had gold in soccer boys and girls, gold in volley ball girls and bronze in table tennis at the zonal level. In 2008, the school had silver in Handball. In 2009, Miss Edem Howusus represented the Volta Region at the National in Basket ball while a boy and a girls from the school represented the Volta Region at the National Level.
- SCHOOL FACILITIES:
- Classrooms – 24, Additional 12, classrooms still needed.
- Laboratories Present:-
Science – 1block
Clothing and Textiles – 1 block
Food and Nutrition – 1 block
Business Secretarial – 1 block
- Library – Available
- Non Academic facilities
- Dinning Hall – The school has no dinning hall. The uncompleted library is being used as dinning hall which is even too small to contain all the boarders.
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES:
- Agriculture Science: General Agriculture, Crop Husbandry, Chemistry, Physics
- Business (Accounting): Business Management, Business Mathematics & Principle of Costing, Principle of Costing, Economics, Elective Mathematics
- Business (Secretarial): Business Management, Type Writing, Clerical and Office Duties, Business Mathematics & Principle of Costing
- Vocational (Visual Arts): General Knowledge in Art, Sculpture, Textiles, Economics
- Vocational (Home Economics): General Knowledge in Art, Management in Living, Foods & Nutrition, Clothing and Textiles, Biology
- General Science: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Elective Mathematics
- General Arts: Literature in English, French, Ewe, Music, Christian Religious Studies, Geography, Economics, History
- Government, Elective Mathematics
- CO-CURRICULA ACTIVITIES
The following co-curricula activities take place in the school.
- Games and Sports
- Cadet Corp
- The Choir
- Clubs – ie. Green Earth Club, Science and Maths, Prayer Groups, Drama Troupe, Debating Club etc.
The stakeholders include:
- Old students
- Parent Teacher Association (PTA): Donated bus, Computer for processing WAEC registration, built a bus stop and three residential accommodations for three families (three bungalows). The PTA is currently undertaking a three storey dormitory project.
- Traditional Authority: – The chiefs provided land.
- District Assembly: Donated 150 pieces of classroom tables and chairs to the school during the 2007/2008 academic year.
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day