PRANG SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Seeing Mighty Prasec as a beacon of knowledge and enlightenment, propelling her students and community to self development and the development of the larger community.
We are committed to achieving the aims and objectives of the Ministry of Education and the Ghana Education Service and to making our students people that are imbued with ambition and a driving force to learn and acquire the knowledge and discipline that would prepare them adequately for tertiary education and lead them to their right vocations for their own benefit and for the benefit of the nation at large.
- SCHOOL CREST AND MOTTO
“Knowledge for Development”
- BRIEF HISTORY OF INSTITUTION
- Day School
- Hostel: One block for girls with the capacity of 44.
Two blocks for boys with the total capacity of 70.
However we have 60 students in the 44 capacity girls’ hostel and 90 students in the 60 capacity hostel.
- a. The girls’ hostel is made of two converted classrooms.
- One of the boys’ hostels is a converted Home Economics centre and the other a converted old clinic.
- YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT: 1992
The school is located in Prang in the Pru District of the Brong Ahafo Region. It is on the Atebubu Yeji trunk road – 24 km from Atebubu and 46 km from Yeji. It is located at the northern part of the town, on the left side of the road, and directly opposite the R. C. church and D/A No. 2 JHS.
- TELEPHONE NO: Mobile: 0209120879
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS OVER THE YEARS
- SSSCE AND WASSCE – Percentage passes have been rising steadily from the 70s to the 90s between the years 2000 and 2009 despite the numerous challenges that we face.
- Also, a lot of our students go into the universities and other tertiary institutions such as the polytechnics, colleges of education and the health institutions.
- We have excelled so many times in quizzes and debates organized at the District, Zonal and Regional levels.
Some of our sports men and women have been selected over the years to represent our zone, the Zone ‘F’ of the Brong Ahafo Regional Sports Federation, at sport competitions.
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
- Classrooms : There are ten (10) classrooms in all.
- There is a one classroom-size science laboratory for the three elective science subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- There is also a one classroom computer laboratory of ten (10) computers for the school.
We have a classroom size room used both as a staff common room and a library. A few pieces of furniture serve as sitting places for both students and teachers.
- Non Academic
We have a volleyball pitch and a football field still under construction.
For lack of an assembly hall, our students have entertainment activities in the open.
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES AND SUBJECTS
- Business Program (Accounting Option): Business Management, Business Mathematics & Principles of Costing, Principles of Accounting, Economics, Elective Mathematics
- General Science: Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Elective Mathematics
- General Arts: French, Asante Twi, Geography, Economics, History, Government, Elective Mathematics, Christian Religious Studies, Islamic Religious Studies
- CO-CURRICULA ACTIVITIES
The school has a cultural troupe and a drama club. We also organize quizzes and debates during entertainment programmes. There are subject clubs and societies. There are also the football and volleyball teams.
Through these activities we have developed good relations with our sister schools in our district and region.
- There is an Old Students Association. So far they have been very helpful in organizing extra classes for free for our students.
- Parent Teacher Association
There is a very vibrant Parent Teacher Association which has been instrumental in the school’s developmental process.
- Traditional Authority
The Paramount chief Nana Kwadwo Nyarko III and his elders have been very helpful to the school especially in first establishing the school, and providing a one and a half kilometer square land for further expansion of the school and a six kilometer square land for agric purposes.
- District Assembly
The school falls under the Pru District Assembly of the Brong Ahafo Region. The assembly has been helpful in making donations to the school.
- The YAPRA Bank, established in the area, has made to the school donations including the provision of student beds and sports equipment.
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day