PRESBYTERIAN SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL, BEREKUM
To produce well-balanced and disciplined individuals who will be intellectually, spiritually, emotionally and physically sound with the needed knowledge and skills for the socio-economic development of our country.
To uphold the holistic development of our human and material resources by
- addressing all factors that inhibit development .
- ensuring the effective delivery of quality education
- promoting good Christian principles in our students.
- SCHOOL CREST AND MOTTO
SCHOOL MOTTO: Development Through Determination
- BRIEF HISTORY OF INSTITUTION
(i) Name of Institution: Presbyterian Senior High School, Berekum.
- Year of Establishment: 4th March, 1993
- Location: Berekum
- Telephone Number: 061 – 94013
- Important School Dates:
(a) Speech Day: 6th November, 2010.
(b) Founders’ Day: 4th March
- The school is a Day institution with hostel facilities
- PROGRAMMES AND CORRESPONDING SUBJECTS OFFERED
- Agriculture Science: General Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Chemistry, Elective Mathematics,
- Home Economics: General Knowledge In Art, Management In Living, Food Biology and Nutrition
- Visual Arts OPTION: General Knowledge in Art, Graphic Design, Ceramics, Picture Making
- General Science: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Elective Mathematics
- General Arts: Asante Twi, Geography, Economics, History, Government, Elective Mathematics, General Knowledge In Art, French
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS
(i) National Science Fair
(a) 2003/4 ——— 1st Prize At Sunyani
(b) 2006/7 ——— 2nd Prize At Wa
(c) 2007/8 ——— 1st Prize At Ho
(d) 2008/9 ——— 2nd Prize At Takoradi
(ii) Regional Games.
Regional Champions – Milo Games — 2003
Regional Rep for National Milo Games at Cape Coast — 2003
- SCHOOL FACILITIES:
(a) Classrooms — 20
(b) Laboratories: Science (Demonstration Room) — 01
I.C.T. — 01 with 30 computers
(c) Library: — 01
Recreational Grounds: The school has the following: Football Field, Handball Court, Basket Ball court, Volley Ball Court
- CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES.
Sports and games, Cultural activities, Tree planting, Clean-up campaign
(i) Old Students
The school has an Old Students Association which gives support in diverse ways.
(ii) Parent- Teacher Association
The school has a very vibrant PTA which gives support in many ways including provision of classrooms, staff accommodation, library, furniture, computers and financial support for teachers.
(iii) Presbyterian Church of Ghana
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day