PRESTEA SENIOR HIGH TECH. SCHOOL
- O. Box 68, Prestea.
That Prestea Senior High Technical School would be able to produce well-balanced student in terms of academics and morals that would be useful to themselves, their communities and the nation as a whole.
Prestea Senior High Technical School exists to provide quality high school and technical education that would prepare its students for tertiary education and the world of work.
3 CREST AND MOTTO:
The school’s motto is ‘Knowledge And Discipline .’
- BRIEF HISTORY
The school was originally sited at the Anglican J.H.S in 1990 and relocated the current site in 1991 as a Community Day School to absorb J.H.S. graduates in the catchments area.
It began with 77 students ( made up of 66 males and 11 females) and 3 teachers, providing a 3 year course in Woodwork, Auto-Mechanics, Metalwork , and Agricultural Science.
Owing to the rapid growth in population, the school which started with 3 staff members now has 40 qualified and trained teachers and 20 non-teaching staff.
The school which started as a typical community day school was on the 7th of June, 2007, officially upgraded and accorded Hostel status by the Ghana Education Service (GES). The Hostel Students in the school are being fed three times a day.
Status: The school is mixed (male & female) with hostel facilities
No. of classrooms: Twelve (12)
Important School Date : The 1st Speech and Prize Giving Day was held on 21st March,2009.
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS:
( a). District Quiz: The school participated in the Inter-School World Water Day Celebration Quiz and placed 3rd on 1st October, 2008.
(b). District Quiz: Silver Jubilee Anniversary Inter School Quiz Competition of the Fiaseman Rural Bank and placed 1st on 11th November, 2008.
(c). District Quiz: Osagyefo Dr. Kwame Nkrumah Centenary Celebration Quiz Competition in public Senior High School and placed 1st on 3rd February, 2010.
(d). National Quiz: Celebration of World Water Day Quiz and placed 1st on 19th March, 2010.
- SCHOOL FACILITIES:
(i) The school has (i) twelve (12) classrooms
(ii) A four (4)-unit partially completed classroom block
(iii) An uncompleted 1st class Administrative Block
(iv) 1 Library Hall (not operational) .
(v) I.C.T. Centre
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES:
- Agricultural Science: General Agriculture, Horticulture, Chemistry, Physics
- Business: Accounting, Business Management, Principles of Costing, Economics
- Technical: Auto Mechanics, Building Construction, Metalwork, Woodwork, Technical Drawing, Elective Mathematics, Physics
- Vocational: Foods & Nutrition, Management In-Living, Textiles, Biology, Chemistry
- General Arts: History, Government, Literature -In-English, Christian Reeligiuos Studies, French
- CO-CURRICULAR FACILITIES:
- Playground – 1 football field, 1 Volleyball pitch.
- Sporting equipment 2 sets of football jerseys , 2 sets of volleyball jerseys javelin, / shot-put missile,/ 1 Discuss missile , 1 set tracksuits 2 pairs of Running shoes, 2 footballs.
- Old students
- Member of Parliament
- District Assembly
- CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Apart from Academic work the school engages Guidance and Counselling, Cadet Corps, Scripture Union, (S.U.) Ghana Methodist Students Association (GHAMSU) , Pentecost Students Association (PENSA), Catholic Students Association (CATHSU) Science Club, French Club , Debating Society
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day