SACRED HEART SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL – NSOATRE
- VISION STATEMENT:
To transform our Students into competent, loving persons who have high moral standing and are able to adapt to the daily challenges of our world.
- MISSION STATEMENT:
Sacred Heart Senior High School is committed to a holistic education, helping students attain academic excellence, develop critical thinking skills, right attitudes and sound values that will enable them to become self-reliant and loving persons, upright citizens and future leaders.
- SCHOOL CREST AND MOTTO:
- BRIEF HISTORY OF INSTITUTION:
Sacred Heart Senior High School was established in October, 1977 at Nsoatre in Sunyani West District of Brong Ahafo Region. Through the invitation of the first Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Sunyani (Most Rev. James Kwadwo Owusu), the Sisters of the Handmaids of the Holy Child Jesus started the school under the supervision of the first Headmistress-Rev. Sr. Perepetua Osei-Wusu assisted by Rev. Sr. Eugenia Atta Paidoo.
The school’s feast day is the feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus which is celebrated every Friday after the Second Sunday after Pentecost Sunday.
The School is Boarding and Day, but the Boarding is yet to be absorbed by the government. Boarding facilities are available for about 180 boys and 430 girls currently in residence.
Telephone Number: 061-94896, 0244512430
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS OVER THE YEARS:
SSSCE: The performance has been quite commendable. Overall percentage passes from 1993 to 2005 have ranged from 98% to 100%.
WASSCE: An improvement over SSSCE performance from 2005 to 2010, the school has scaled 100% overall pass.
- We won 2nd position in Project citizenship in 2009 (National civic education Programe.)
- Won 1st position in Essay Competition on Wild fire / Wild life in 2007
- Most disciplined team (fair play) in 2007
- 2nd in Handball (girls) in 2009
- 1st position in B/A AHCHI Soccer competition, Jan. 2010
The school is yet to participate in the National Science and Mathematics Quiz.
- SCHOOL FACILITIES:
- i) Academic
- Classrooms: – 18 rooms
- Laboratories: – 3 (Physics, Chemistry & Biology)
- Library: – 1 (with a capacity of 50 seats)
- Textbooks: – Government text books are available for English Mathematics, science and Social Studies, Chemistry and Physics. There are other supplementary texts for these and other subjects.
- ii) Non-Academic
- Recreational Grounds: The school has a football park, two volley ball pits, one hand ball pit, Table tennis equipment; Plans are underway to construct a basket ball pitch.
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES:
- Agriculture Science: General Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Chemistry, Physics
- Business (Accounting Option): Business Management, Business Mathematics & Principles of costing, Principles of Accounting, Economics
- Home Economics: General Knowledge In Art, Management in Living, Foods and Nutrition, Chemistry
- General Science: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Elective Mathematics
- General Arts: French, Asante Twi, Christian Religious Studies, Geography, Economics, Government, Elective Mathematics
- CO- CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES:
- Readers’ and Writers’ Club
- Debating Club
- Science and Mathematics Quiz – inter-houses and inter schools
- Sporting activities such as table tennis, volley ball, hand ball, soccer, athletics
- Wild fire and Wild life Club etc.
- i) Old students:
We have a strong Old Students Association. They have provided Laboratory tables for the physics laboratory.
- ii) Parent-Teacher Association:
The PTA is vibrant and very supportive. They have purchased a school bus, built three staff bungalows, five classrooms, temporary accommodation for boys in the school.
iii) Traditional Authority:
They gave the land for building the school free of charge. They have been quite supportive to the school’ course to excellence.
- iv) Municipal Assembly / Sunyani West District Assembly
Have been quite supportive and in collaboration with the Members of Parliament have initiated a number of projects in the school e.g. Bore hole, Assembly Hall etc.
- v) Catholic Church:
The Bishop always provides the school with a chaplain for the spiritual and moral upliftment of the staff and students. The Bishop also visits the school from time to time to encourage the school community
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day