SANDEMA SENIOR HIGH SCHOOLS
To ensure that human and material resources are prudently managed and used for academic excellence and quality human resource development.
To partner with all stakeholders to mobilize resources for the provision of a conducive environment for quality teaching and learning that will result in academic excellence and a wholistic development of the student.
- SCHOOL (CREST AND MOTTO
- BRIEF HISTORY OF INSTITUTION:
The school was established in 1953 as a middle boarding school.
The construction of the structures started in 1952 and the school formally opened in 1953 as a middle boarding for boys. The constructor who undertook the construction was Mr. S.K. Meno.
The initial enrolment was forty – six and the first head teacher of the school was Mr. Allotey and assisted by Mr. Alienda Amoak. The pioneer teachers included Mr. Wood and Mr. Grant.
The school was turned as a mixed middle boarding after sometime and one of the pioneering female students, Ms. Azuilie Lydia Akanpodiipo became the 1st Member of Parliament for the Builsa constituency in 1969.
The school continued as a middle boarding until 1979 when it was turned in to an experimental Junior High School. The Headmaster of the Junior High School was Mr. Rapheal A. Adiita.
In 1994 the Ghana Education Service re – christened the school as a Senior Secondary school. The first Headmaster was Mr. Ndamba Yakubu.
The school was opened on 31st January, 1994 with a student population of one hundred and six students, comprising forty – six girls and sixty – four boys and staff strength of four teachers. Two programmes were initially pursued at the school that is General Arts and Home Economics. In 2003 Business programme was introduced and in 2007 the General Science and Agricultural Science were also introduced.
The school started as a community day school but was given a boarding school in 2006. It is also the model school of the Builsa District.
The school is located four kilometers south of Sandema along the Sandema Fumbisi trunk road.
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS OVER THE YEARS:
|YEAR||NO. OF CANDID-ATES||NO. OF STU. PASSED||NO. OF STU. FAILED||BEST AGGRE-GATE||NO. OF STU. QUA. IN TO TERTIARY INSTITUTION|
2007: ZONALS LEVEL: Sandema S.H.S 1st
SUPER ZONALS: Sandema S.H.S 3rd
INTER SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES ATHLETICS AND GAMES
|YEAR||DISCIPLINE||BOYS POSITION||GIRLS POSITION|
- SCHOOL FACILITIES:
* Classrooms – 25
* Laboritories – 3 (Physics), Chemistry & Biology
* Library – 1
* Administration block
* Computer Centre
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES:
- Agriculture: General Agriculture, Physics, Chemistry, Animal Husbandry
- Business (Accounting): Business Management, Business Mathematics & Principles Of Costing, Principles Of Accounting, Economics, Elective Mathematics
- Home Economics: Management In Living, Foods And Nutrition, Clothing And Textiles, Chemistry
- General Science: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Elective Mathematics
- General Arts : Christian Religious Studies, Islamic Studies, Geography, Economics, History, Government, Elective Mathematics
- CO – CURRICULA ACTIVITIES: Some extra – curricular activities that are undertaking in the school are:
* Scripture union (S.U) activities
* Drama troupe activities
* Cultural activities
* Sporting activities
* Debate club
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day