SOGAKOFE SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Our vision as a school is to produce students with high academic standards, disciplined, principled and morally upright, which ensures holistic development.
- SCHOOL CREST AND MOTTO
No Cross, No Crown”
- BRIEF HISTORY
- i) Name of Institution: SOGAKOFE SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL (‘THE LOWER VOLTA VARSITY’)
- ii) Year of Establishment: Sogakofe Senior High School was established in 1961 as one of the Ghana Government Education Trust Schools in the early years after independence.
iii) Location: The school is located at the South-Eastern part of the Sogakofe town-ship, situated on 319.76 square acre land on the main Accra-Aflao in the South Tongu District of the Volta Region.
- iv) Telehpone Number: 028 953 6952
- Status of Institution: The school is both boarding and day.
The School has a Basic Department comprising; Sogasco Kindergarten Sogasco Primary Sogasco Junior High
- ACHIEVEMENTS OVER THE PAST SIX YEARS
Regional Games Etc
- 1st in the Sub-Zone.
- 2nd in the Zone out of 3 Sub-Zones.
- 9 students from SOGASCO took part in the Super Zonal at Kpando.
- 4 students from SOGASCO went to the National level in Accra.
- Defending Milo Soccer Champions in the Region 2009.
- 2nd in the Zone out of 16 schools.
- 6th in the Region out of 29 schools.
- Represented the Region at the Milo Soccer Championship in Kumasi
- 1st out of 15 schools in the Zone.
- 5th out of 29 schools at the Regional level.
- Presented 9 students at the National level in Koforidua
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
- Classrooms: 30
- Laboratories- Science and ICT
The school has a well equipped Science Resources Centre with materials and computers. In addition it has a science laboratory which complements the resource centre..
The school has established two computer laboratories to expose students to Information Technology.
- Library: The school has a spacious library that is attached to the dining hall which is moderately.
- Non Academic
Recreational Grounds: These include a standard Football field, Volleyball, Handball and Basket-ball courts
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES:-
(a) Vocational: Visual Arts and Home Economics
(b) Business: Accounting
(c) General: Science and Arts
- CO-CURRICULA ACTIVITIES
The school is a regular participant in co-curricula activities such as Debate, Culture, Studrafest and Quiz competitions. The school places very favorably in all these competitions at all levels. The school also has well structured internal Co-curricula activities.
The activities are organized on club basis. Currently there are eleven (11) registered social and subject related clubs in the school. These are Cultural Troupe, Press, Drama and Debating club, Civic Education club, Virtuous girls club, Comedians club, Science club, Arts club, ICT club, National Association of Business students and French club.
Religious activities also take place in the school. The school has a Chaplaincy Committee that steers its spiritual affairs. The Committee is supported by a vibrant school choir and denominational groups.
a Old Students
- Provision of costume for the school cultural troupe
- Ceiling fan donation
- Sponsorship of Speech and Prize giving days, other celebrations; and school team to Milo Games.
- Material and financial contribution towards the refurbishment of Headmaster’s bungalow and office.
- Donation of students’ beds (50 double beds)
- P. T. A.
- Seven self–contained bungalows
- Six-Unit Staff Residence
- Workshop for Visual Arts Department
- Two Classrooms
- Repair of water reservoir
- Provision of desks – 1000
- Two departmental Offices
- Ten (10) Ceiling fans for the Dining Hall
- Forty (40) pieces of flat screen Computers.
- One Corn Mill
- Designing and Printing of school cloth.
- Fence wall project to protect the school land from encroachment.
- Establishment of a sick bay
- Employment of a nurse to man the sick bay.
- Four 8-Seater KVIP.
- Three double – apartment Urinals.
- District Assembly
- Refurbishment of Science Resource Centre
- Provision of furniture for the Dining Hall
- On going project of building of a 3-unit classroom block.
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day