ST. FRANCIS SENIOR HIGH TECHNICAL SCHOOL, AKIM ODA
To encourage all students who pass through St. Francis Senior High Technical School to get better training in life to develop the soul, the mind and the body for a better future.
• raise the status of the school very high with improved academic work.
• improve infrastructure and motivate the working personnel for good work done
• Inculcate in the working force as well as students peace, honesty and hard labour to help build better Ghana.
3. SCHOOL CREST –
4. BRIEF HISTORY OF THE SCHOOL
(I) Name : – St. Francis Senior High Technical School – Akim Oda.
(II) Year of Establishment: – 1981
(III) Location: – New Town, Akim Oda.
(IV) Telephone Number: – 0882 – 2644
(V) Important Dates : – Opening Day – 14th August, 1997
– 25th Anniversary (Golden Jubilee) 23rd June, 2007
5. MAJOR ACHIEVEMENT:
Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination – 2006 – 100 %
West African Senior School Certificate Examination – 2006 – 100%
Regional Games – Milo 2004 Volley Girls
• Classrooms – In adequate
• Laboratories – Sub Standard
• Library – Sub Standard
b. Non Academic
Recreational Grounds – Soccer Field
– Volley Court
– Hand Ball Court
7. ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
a. General Arts: Economics, Geography, Government, Christian Religious, Twi (Akuapem), French
b. Business: Financial Accounting, Business Management, Costing. Elective Mathematics, Economics
c. Home Economics: Management in Living, Food & Nutrition, Clothing & Textiles, Biology General Knowledge In Arts
d. Technical: Technical Drawing, Physics, Building Construction, Metal Work, Wood Work, Elective Mathematics
8. CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES:
Games, Athletes – ground work
a. P.T.A. – Strong and caring
b. Traditional Authority – No Link
c. Municipal Assembly – Very Helpful
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day