ST JOSEPH SEMINARY SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL, MAMPONG ASHANTI
Fulfilling the Catholic Church’s mission of providing holistic education in terms of physical, intellectual, mental, moral, spiritual and social development of the Human person based on gospel values.
To produce students and priests who are academically, morally and spiritually well formed and are marketable.
- BRIEF HISTORY
St. Joseph Seminary Senior High School is located at Asante – Mampong in the Catholic Diocese of Konongo – Mampong. It was originally founded in 1968 by Mr. Kwaku Addae as a private day institution to provide secondary education to middle school leavers in Mampong and its environs who could not gain admission into public secondary schools.
The Mampong Catholic church adopted it in 1977 and turned it into a technical school and the name of the school was changed from Sekyereman Secondary School to Sekyereman Catholic Polytechnic. In 1980 Akosa Business College was absorbed into the school and once again the name changed into Sekyereman Catholic Secondary Commercial School. With time the technical department phased out. In 1989 the school became a public school with the then parish priest of the Mampong Catholic Church, Rev. Fr. Agnoli Savino becoming its first headmaster.
In 2001 the school was once again converted into a minor seminary to train would-be catholic priests but still granting opportunities for other students to receive their second cycle education from there. The name of the school was finally changed to St. Joseph seminary senior high School in 2003. In September 2005, it gained boarding status.
EDUCATION UNIT: Catholic Education Unit
STATUS: Co – educational – Boarding/Day
Rev. Fr. Savino Agnoli 1977 – 1989
Mr. D. K. Assamoah 1989 – 1999
Mr. M. E. Cudjoe 1999 – 2004
Rev. Fr. Isaac Yaw Nsiah 2004 – Date
Rev. Fr. James Opoku –Boaheng 2003 – 2007
Rev. Fr. Isaac Yaw Nsiah 2007 – Date
- PROGRAMMES AND COURSES
Three major programmes are offered in St. Joseph Seminary Senior High school in addition to the seminary courses, namely, General Arts, Business and Vocational. Courses run under the various programmes are as follows:
- General Arts: Economics, History, Government, Christian Religious Studies, Geography, Literature in English, Elective Mathematics, Twi, French
- Accounting Option: Financial Accounting, Business Management, Cost Accounting & Business mathematics, Economics, Elective Mathematics
- Secretariat Option: Type writing, Clerical Office Duties, Business Management,Economics
- Visual Arts: Leather Works Graphic Design Picture making General knowledge – in – Art,
- Home Economics: Foods & Nutrition, Clothing & Textiles, Management – in – living, Chemistry, Biology, General Knowledge – in – Art
- SEMINARY COURSES: English Language, Latin, Doctrine, Scripture, Twi (Asante), Basic financial Accounting Principles, Music
- AVAILABLE FACILITIES
Administrative Block Computer Laboratory
Home Economics Block Science Laboratory
Classroom Blocks Library
Three Storey Boys’ Dormitory Dining hall
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day