SUNYANI SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
Tel: 061 23471, E-mail: email@example.com
The central purpose of the school is to provide a broad Secondary Education and sound moral training for the young boys and girl s of the country.
Sunyani Senior High School is a public institution committed to provision of quality education, acquisition of new knowledge and skills and also get instill in the students a sense of patriotism and sacrifice,
- SCHOOL CREST AND MOTTO
“Me Man Nti Enye Me Nti” which in English means “We Live Not for Ourselves Only, But For Our Country also” is our motto.
- BRIEF HISTORY OF INSTITUTION:
Year of Establishment – September 1960
Location – Sunyani (Brong Ahafo Region)
Important School dates:
- Award’s Day – Second Saturday of November
- Speech Days – 25th September
Status: The school operates both boarding and day facilities.
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS OVER THE YEARS
- WASSCE Results from 2006 – 2009
- a) 2005 8% PASS
- b) 2006 100% PASS
- c) 2007 100% PASS
- d) 2008 100% PASS
- e) 2009 100% PASS
- National Science and Mathematics quizzes
The school has participated in the Science and Mathematics competition on two occasions in recent times at the national level.
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
- a) Classrooms – 31 classrooms available. By next year eleven (11) more classrooms may be needed.
- b) Laboratories – 1 Science block, 1 ICT Laboratory and 1 Internet Café.
- c) Library – 1 Library of capacity 200 students at a time
- d) Textbook – Enough text books have been supplied for all subject areas.
Recreational Grounds: 2 volleyball courts, 2 basketball courts, 1handball court, 1 hockey ball court and 1 – 400 metres oval football field. A block for the sports department containing offices and changing rooms.
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMME
- Agriculture Science: General Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Chemistry, Physics, Elective Mathematics
- Business (Accounting Option): Business Management, Principles of Accounting, Economics, Elective Mathematics, Financial Accounting
- Visual Arts: General Knowledge In Art, Graphic Design, Ceramics, Economics, French
- Home Economics: Management in Living, Foods and Nutrition, Economics, French, Chemistry, Biology
- General Science: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Elective Mathematics
- General Arts : Literature in English, French, Asante Twi, Christian Religious Studies, Geography, Economics, Government, Elective Mathematics
- STAKE HOLDERS
There exists a vibrant old students association. Currently the association is putting up a Visual Arts centre for the school.
Parent Teacher Association
The P.T.A has been of a great help to the school. They have been providing bases teachers quarters classroom blocks, dormitories, computer centre etc.
The Sunyani traditional authority has a representation on the school Board of Governors.
The Assembly is represented on the school’s Board of Governors. It has helped us in getting projects like the construction of the Assembly Hall Complex, classroom blocks, etc.
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day