WEST AFRICA SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
To provide effective Human Resource (Staff and Students and Infrastructural Development)
To provide quality balanced and cost-effective education to meet manpower requirements for the benefit of mankind.
- (a) SCHOOL CREST
(b) SCHOOL MOTTO: Faith, Wisdom and Industry
- BRIEF HISTORY OF THE SCHOOL
The school’s name is West Africa Senior High School. The school was co-founded by the LATE REV. J.C. TETTEY AND
- EMMANUEL ADDO all of Peki in the Volta Region. The school started in Tudu as the West Africa College of Commerce in 1946. In 1954, the school was absorbed into the public system. The school’s exodus saw her at three different locations in Accra, first in Tudu, then to Accra New Town and finally to its permanent abode, Adenta on October 5, 1987/88.
Telephone Number: 0302 – 501862.
IMPORTANT SCHOOL DATES
The Golden Jubilee was celebrated on November 2,1996.
The 60th Anniversary was celebrated on March 24, 2007.
STATUS OF INSTITUTION AND FACILITIES
The school is a Day School and co-educational.
- MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS IN ACADEMICS AND CO-CURRICULA ACTIVITIES
- CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
2000 – WASS Represented Greater Accra Region in the Milo Games at Kumasi.
|THE ADMINISTRATIVE BLOCK|
2003 – Zonal Inter-School Games
Handball Girls – 2nd
2007 – Zonal Inter-School Games
Soccer Boys – 1st
2008 – Zonal Inter-School Games
Soccer Boys – 1st
Soccer Girls – 2nd
Handball Boys – 1st
Handball Girls – 1st
Super Zonal Games
Soccer Boys – 2nd
2009 – Zonal Inter – School Games
Volleyball Boys – 2nd
|THE SCIENCE BLOCK|
Volleyball Girls – 1st
- SCHOOL FACILITIES
(a) No. of Classrooms – 40
(b) No. of Laboratories – 3
(c) No. of Libraries – 1
(ii) Non Academic
- Recreational Grounds
- Play Ground – Temporary field
- Basketball Court – “
- Table Tennis Court – “
- ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES : Programmes and Subjects offered
- General Science: Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Elective Mathematics
- Agricultural Science: General Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Physics, Chemistry, Elective Mathematics
- Business: Economics, Accounting, Business Management, Elective Mathematics, Cost Accounting
- General Arts: Literature, History, Government, Economics, Christian Religious Studies, Islamic Religious Studies, French, Elective Mathematics
- Visual Arts: General Knowledge in Art, Graphics, Textiles
(i) OLD STUDENTS
The old students have an association called West Africa Secondary School Old Students Association (WASSOSA).
The President of the national WASSOSA is Mr. David Odoi who is also a member of the Board of Governors. The Chairman of the Board of Governors is an old student in the person of Prof. Clement Baah Somuah.
|18-UNIT CLASSROOM BLOCK|
(ii) The Parent teacher Association (PTA).
The school has a dynamic PTA that addresses many of the teething problems of the school. The ICT Lab currently used by students was sponsored by the PTA. It also undertook the building of a 4-Unit classroom to accommodate the increasing number of students. This academic year, it came to the aid of the school in purchasing 200 mono desks for the Form Ones. Mr. Fredrick Boateng is the current PTA Chairman.
(iii) TRADITIONAL AUTHORITY
The school is situated in Adenta and the name of the traditional authority is NII OKATABAN.
The land on which the school is built was acquired by Executive Instrument from the Klen-we clan of the Agbawe Quarter of La.
(iv) District/Municipal/Metropolitan Assembly.
The school is under the Ga East Municipal Assembly. The school has a cordial relationship with these stakeholders hence their participation in most of the school’s activities.
Since the school is near Madina, the Abokobi-Madina District Assembly also offers much help to the school. The Member of Parliament is Hon. Alhaji Sorogo.
- Monday Open all day
- Tuesday Open all day
- Wednesday Open all day
- Thursday Open all day
- Friday Open all day
- Saturday Open all day
- Sunday Open all day